STOP assuming its over and READ THIS

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
As gun owners we need to STOP this pessimistic attitude IMMEDIATELY that a new "ban" is going to take place. Lately I've been hearing talk like "when the new ban goes into effect" and "the coming ban" etc, as if this is already a done deal. WAKE UP, because its not a done deal! That kind of attitude comes from defeatism and will lead to failure!

We all need to realize that since the last ban expired, this industry has grown tremendously and there are millions of new law-abiding, responsible gun owners out there just like you!

You MUST take three minutes out of your day from searching for guns, magazines, parts etc, and take that time to WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES at all levels of government. Local, state and most importantly at the federal level. Think LONG TERM! That's how the other side operates and we need to as well.

#1) Regardless if your representative is on the right or the left they still need to hear from you. Even if your rep is a huge 2nd amendment person or you live in an area surrounded by folks that don't agree with you... they still must hear from you!

#2) You must understand that your actual representatives will likely not read your letter/email. HOWEVER their STAFFERS WILL read them. This is a NUMBERS GAME. The staffers retain simple counts for their bosses (your representatives) of how many emails/letters came in FOR or AGAINST additional gun control legislation. The MORE WE WRITE IN the better it is for us and it puts them in a PICKLE.

#3) Keep your email/letter SHORT and SIMPLE. ONE or TWO sentences MAX. Don't try to laboriously argue a point; rather simply state your position and note that you will be educating your friends/family and anyone you can talk to, to vote them out of office if they vote for any new restrictions on your rights.

#4) Don't let the other side shout our side down. Make your voice heard. The consequences of NOT acting will lead to LONG TERM repercussions.

Do you want to be FINGERPRINTED and PHOTOGRAPHED like a common criminal and not be able to will your private property to your heirs? You should be OUTRAGED and offended by the suggestion!

Write your representatives today! Its EASY!

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: Find Your Representative - Zip Code Lookup

SENATE: http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

RE-POST THIS EVERYWHERE AND EMAIL IT YOUR YOUR FRIENDS and FAMILY IF YOU DESIRE! :please:

Thanks for reading.

To:
Your Rep
Subject :
Gun Control
Date

Dear sir, I am writing you to strongly suggest that you Do Not vote for Any new gun control legislation. It will NOT help and You know it !
I will go out of my way to convince all of my family and friends to Not vote for you and ensure that you Are Not re-elected if you do vote for further useless gun control.
Sincerely;
Your name
Your address

All good advice but it is these same representatives and our president attacking the Bill of Rights, they do not respect your liberty, and don't care if you get mad. We are on the precipice, lets hope they don't go over this cliff. Stand by the constitution and screw the politicians who don't uphold their oath. If you take this as defeatist you are sorely mistaken.

All good advice but it is these same representatives and our president attacking the Bill of Rights, they do not respect your liberty, and don't care if you get mad. We are on the precipice, lets hope they don't go over this cliff. Stand by the constitution and screw the politicians who don't uphold their oath. If you take this as defeatist you are sorely mistaken.

I like the OP's post, but agree more with this.
I'm not a negative person at all, but have no hope left in our governmnet or officials.
The U.S. once was a great nation(and I love this country), it's now been and being ruined on so many levels.

Sorry I didn't mean to take the wind out of the OP's post, I agree we all should write the government officials with similar messages. Its the first option in our system to address grievances, then the courts. Elections,,,,,,etc etc etc.

Back