Stooopid Fairing Screen question

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay...get ready to flame:
I have seen some pics of people who have done the fairing screen mods, some with chrome screens. Is/have anyone replaced the ram air intake screens along with this? Or would it be a too much of a garbage mod to have the fairing screens chrome and the intake screens stock?

Flame on.....

HEY MANNNNNN.......I'll take offense to this one
mad.gif
Seeing as thou i was last to post pics......
Joke joke joke LOLLOL .............
In my pic they look chrome but mine are actually the same color material as the Ram Scoop's.
That was one of my concerns before I did it is that I wanted it to look factory and match up........
I even made sure that the direction of the material went the same direction as the Ram Scoop's
Must be the flash of my new camera......This camera is awesome thou.....Kodak DX7630....

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108761544 -->

I have replaced some other guys Ram Screens with the same chrome look stuff that I made the other screens out of. I just used epoxy to secure them because there is not that much room for error where the back of the scoops and the ram tubes come together. The original screens are melted into the plastic of the nose fairing and it was easier to use plastic epoxy. I left mine stock and installed the rest, no one has really noticed enough to say anything about it.

I have debated about whether to change the ram air scoops, but haven't decided if I want to do it yet. Mine look pretty much stock anyway since I didn't do the chrome thing. I may change them but right now don't think it would be worth the time.

This wasn't a blast at anyone, here's the skinny:
I had made a coment to my wife that I wanted the screens to do the mod. She did the awesome wifely thing and got on ebay and found some - and bought them. Two problems were:
1. She wasn't listening when I said that I would buy the material and form them myself;
2. She bought the chromed preformed screens.

I'm with BS on this one, my bessie ain't no show blusa - so when people are looking at her, it is from the front or the side, not both....I just wondered what the general consensus was. I am planning on taking my fairings off to install my Muzzy fan...I'd like to do the screen install then.

HEY MANNNNNN.......I'll take offense to this one
mad.gif
Seeing as thou i was last to post pics......
Joke joke joke LOLLOL .............
BusaReds,
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
not a poke to you my Busa Bro...
Hey, Brandywine?

Hey not to hyjack my own thread....
I lived in Lexington Park for about four years....do you just live there, or are you stationed at Andrews? I used to ride my (then) ZX-11 up around your area all the time.

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Hey man, I am from this area PG county raised, then bought my first house in Charles County in Waldorf and that place is getting crazy so I moved to Brandywine to get some acres, but really more like the Hughesville area, still pretty rural, but we use the Brandywine post office thus the address.......My parents live down in Hollywood...
When was the last time you been down in Lex if it was more than 5 yrs ago you wouldnt believe how much it has grown.....

hey whats the purpose in the muzzy fan.....
I had heard/read some stuff about the plastic fans having problems....so I bought a Muzzy fan for 35 bucks. I don't know if there is anything to the plastic fan stuff - I have read somethings here that say there are no problems with the stock one....but I already have it, so I might as well throw her on.

Hey man, I am from this area   PG county raised, then bought my first house in Charles County in Waldorf and that place is getting crazy so I moved to Brandywine to get some acres,   but really more like the Hughesville area, still pretty rural,  but we use the Brandywine post office thus the address.......My parents live down in Hollywood...
When was the last time you been down in Lex   if it was more than 5 yrs ago you wouldnt believe how much it has grown.....
I lived there while stationed at Pax River. Used to do the 45 minute commute to Waldorf to go to the mall - I've been back a couple of times and seen the changes....used to hang out at a bar called Rasberries out by St. Mary's college.

I always wondered why they had such an affinity for the west coast:
California, Md.
Hollywood, Md.
Compton, Md.

Etc.
You got a great lookin' scoot by the way.

Thanks on the bike.......
Not sure on the affinity for the west coast because I recall Maryland being 1 of the 13 original colonies and St.Marys being the original state capital.  And......all of the cities you named are located in the original county of Maryland.  Maryland was a state way before the Louisiana Purchase......Therefore, why did those 49'ers have to steal our east coast names for their state and cities.........

Just sumthin to make ya say "HHHHHHMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!"

Later Bro  Be Safe................

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108773370 -->

Thanks on the bike.......
Not sure on the affinity for the west coast because I recall Maryland being 1 of the 13 original colonies and St.Marys being the original state capital.  And......all of the cities you named are located in the original county of Maryland.  Maryland was a state way before the Louisiana Purchase......Therefore, why did those 49'ers have to steal our east coast names for their state and cities.........

Just sumthin to make ya say "HHHHHHMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!"

Later Bro  Be Safe................
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Back