Stompgrip tank protector

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Looks like exactly what I'm looking for! The leather pants I recently bought have a tendency to rub the side of my tank to where I have a heck of a time polishing/waxing out the marks. I ran across this product that looks great except for my question as to whether they can be removed should the occasion arise in the future without ruining the clearcoat/paint?
Thanks in advance!!

http://www.surfsidemoto.com/store/product/OFDSGTP.html

DSC05269.jpg

I have not tired to peel them off, but I would image it's just like any other adhesive on a painted clear coated surface. I believe if you add a little heat to it, they will remove alittle easier, then use some sort of goo-b-gone type adhesive remover, then re-wax. However, I don't plan on removing mine any time soon.

Also, check the the stompgrip web site and see what they have to say about it...

Oh, one more thing. I think if you search the suzuki.com parts for the bike, they have a version of a tank grip too.

DSC05271.jpg

(CCbusa05 @ Apr. 21 2007,15:27) Looks like exactly what I'm looking for! The leather pants I recently bought have a tendency to rub the side of my tank to where I have a heck of a time polishing/waxing out the marks. I ran across this product that looks great except for my question as to whether they can be removed should the occasion arise in the future without ruining the clearcoat/paint?
Thanks in advance!!

http://www.surfsidemoto.com/store/product/OFDSGTP.html
If all you want to do is protect the paint then I highly recommend Tankslapper! I got the full kit and it is easily removable and re-usable as well! I was wondering how that
Stomp grip worked for daily riding! I would imagine it would be awesome on the track!

Dayuum! Thanks for the responses guys (and pics of your '06 powers739)!!
I'm going with either the stompgrip or the gripster, I'm doing further research before I make up my mind!
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks (me 62)! You kids rock!
smile.gif

(CCbusa05 @ Apr. 21 2007,20:20) Dayuum! Thanks for the responses guys (and pics of your '06 powers739)!!
I'm going with either the stompgrip or the gripster, I'm doing further research before I make up my mind!
smile.gif
eek2.gif

(dadofthree @ Apr. 21 2007,17:21)
(CCbusa05 @ Apr. 21 2007,20:20) Dayuum! Thanks for the responses guys (and pics of your '06 powers739)!!
smile.gif
eek2.gif
Hehe - hey dadofthree................no jaw droppin' now! I still run 4 - 5 miles everyother day and there aren't many youngsters that can do 16 chin ups without stopping either, try it sometime! AND, if I'm still above ground come fall, a new 08 busa is on my list...............YAHOO!
tounge.gif
I love you guys!

Back