Stomp Grip?

snbusa

Registered
My best option for tank grip: What have you used please and why do like it or not? I'm tempted to get the Stomp kit made for the Gixxer 1000 because I think it has two pieces on each side...one for the tank indent and one long straight one the runs along the bottom. One of my buddies has it on his Gixxer and it looks like it will fit. The one made for the '11 Busa is one piece only. My Busa is white. All comments appreciated.

I'm in cahoots with the other two on this one.

IMG_0784.jpg

For track use, the StompGrips work the best with leather gear with great grip IMO and uncomfortable if you ever ride in jeans or regular pants. I have the TechSpecs on my Busa and I like them more from an asthetic perspective. However, the glue isn't very secure and I eventually had to use 3M spray adhesive to get it to stay put. They really are not 'reuseable' as advertised as they don't stick as well. The Stomp Grips once applied, will never come loose. If given a choice, I still would go with the TechSpecs on the Busa and StompGrips on my track bike. I have the Snakeskin texture. Looks like Cheferman and I mounted the TechSpecs facing in opposite directions. Go with whatever pleases you. I went with having more contact with my leg when leaned over.

tankgrips.jpg

I wonder if you cleaned the tank before applying the tech-specs? Mine have never budged and I've done a LOT of laps with them...

I wonder if you cleaned the tank before applying the tech-specs? Mine have never budged and I've done a LOT of laps with them...

I did clean the area with acetone before the application. The problem was that the adhesive film on the TechSpec was coming off the pads themselves as well as separating from my bike. Bad batch perhaps. I ordered directly from TechSpec so no chance of getting an inferior clone. Mine appeared to use a double sided tape which was yellowish in color which was sandwiched between the grips and tank. Same happened to the TechSpecs on the center of the tank. Instead of going through the hassle of having them replaced, which I thought would be a waste of time and resources, and the fact that I liked the looks of the TechSpecs, I taped off the area with painters tape and sprayed 3M #77 adhesive to the offending areas where it was separating. No issues since but it is now permanently affixed. I am happy now.

I have not used the others, but I do like the Stomp Grip on my Gixxer 1000. I like the clear so you can still see the color of the paint. They do not bother me when I ride to the office in jeans either. Personal preference I guess.

stomp grips clear as well and work fine with my leather joe rocket pro street pants and draggin' jeans. they look like shower mats but i can sacrifice looks over performance in this case. :laugh:

IMG_0402.jpg

Has everyone used snake skin? I mistakenly ordered CS but it seems like there's only a small difference so I will probably use it. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks.

stomp grips clear as well and work fine with my leather joe rocket pro street pants and draggin' jeans. they look like shower mats but i can sacrifice looks over performance in this case. :laugh:

I think that pick did it for me. I will be getting the clear stomp grips.

I've only used stomp grips, I went with the black as it coordinated with the stock color of the bike. They were good until a few extremely hot days in FL and they ended up sliding down some and peeling up. I have since removed them after move than 5 years of service. I plan on putting a new set on in the near future.

a2bc9ff65d2d2e2a80b9a4fbe171bf8c.jpg

Thanks to everyone who replied and continues to. I decided on the Tech Spec Snake Skin. I ordered the CS and realized after the fact that Snake Skin is quite a bit more grippy. It looks really good on a white bike and the biggest consideration for me was the install as the Tech Spec is so much easier.

Back