Stolen Valor act

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I Know a lot of focus is on the healthcare act, and I am decidedly undecided on the issue. But, just before the announcement, the Supreme Court also passed their decision that the Stolen Valor act was an unconstitutional infringement on the freedom of speech.

Amazing if you think about it, and I'm with your comments on Facebook Shawn, I get the whole "free speech" part of this, BUT lying is lying. We're not supposed to do it on the stand in a court of law; that's not free speech, correct? So, why are we now defining which version of lying is OK?

It's confusing and frustrating, and in the end, just pathetic that anyone would claim they had/did things they never did at all...

Then I hope it's not illegal for someone to get called out and get their azz kicked by some real vets....

OK, so say an individual opts to lie about credentials for a job...let's say "surgeon", and he/she advances because of this lie. There's liability at the end of that fiasco, not protected under free speech. You can bet that individual would face charges/prison time...'eh, tons of scenarios come to mind...

Yeah, I guess the more I think about it, the less I see the free speech connection :banghead:

OK, so say an individual opts to lie about credentials for a job...let's say "surgeon", and he/she advances because of this lie. There's liability at the end of that fiasco, not protected under free speech. You can bet that individual would face charges/prison time...'eh, tons of scenarios come to mind...

Yeah, I guess the more I think about it, the less I see the free speech connection :banghead:

Apparently, even that is looked at with favor ???

Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson caught padding his resume - May. 3, 2012

If I get this project in Australia I might not come back :laugh:

Maybe if congress excludes any form of stolen valor from the first amendment we wouldn't have a problem. Or if they exempt us from penalties that may occur from taking care of people who steal valor...

You guys just don't understand :talk2hand: .It's a FREEDOM OF SPEECH issue because generally ONLY Politicians have been found guilty of the Stolen Valor Act while running for Office :whistle:

This is one of the biggest slaps to the face, espcially for us over in this crap can of a country. We're here fighting to keep America a free and honored country and this is how we get repaid. Meanwhile there are soldiers over here doing amazing things, and most of the time don't get the awards they deserve. I've also seen guys and gals receive awards and not want them because they were "just doing their job". It's pathetic, and makes me sick to my stomach. Please feel free to write your congress men and protest this rediculousness.
Two things to think about:

1. "The Nation that forgets is Defenders will itself be forgotten."

2.If you dont stand behind the troops, please feel free to stand in front of us. However remember that you have the FREEDOM to choose, because of US!!!

Back