Stolen Gen 2 Returned!

Gunther Bump

Registered
I'm on top of the world right now!
My 2009 Busa was stolen from my driveway back in September here in Fort Walton Beach, FL and I never expected to see the ole' girl again. Not having full coverage insurance meant I was out an entire bike and no compensation was expected. Fast forward to this week and I get a phone call saying my bike was involved in a high speed chase in the next town over and recovered! I showed up to pick up the bike to find it in a field with police on scene.
I have lots of repairs to do but so far it just seems like cosmetic damages and replacing the ignition and putting exhaust back on it.
I just had too share my wonderful news with anyone that may listen!
Also, I may be in the market for some parts soon. If I have to touch the motor I'll probably just turbo prep since that was my next project with it before it was taken from me.

Lucky man
My 13 was stolen back in 15, and never recovered.
Even though i had full coverage i got screwed by State farm.
Bike loan paid off, and only part of what i had into 10k of aftermarket parts!

Lucky man
My 13 was stolen back in 15, and never recovered.
Even though i had full coverage i got screwed by State farm.
Bike loan paid off, and only part of what i had into 10k of aftermarket parts!
Your post scares me. I switch to them a year ago due to their great prices compared to other insurance companies. Looks like it was not such a great idea. :-/

My 2009 Busa was stolen from my driveway back in September here in Fort Walton Beach, FL and I never expected to see the ole' girl again. Not having full coverage insurance meant I was out an entire bike and no compensation was expected. Fast forward to this week and I get a phone call saying my bike was involved in a high speed chase in the next town over and recovered! I showed up to pick up the bike to find it in a field with police on scene.
I have lots of repairs to do but so far it just seems like cosmetic damages and replacing the ignition and putting exhaust back on it.
Also, I may be in the market for some parts soon. If I have to touch the motor I'll probably just turbo prep since that was my next project with it before it was taken from me.
Great news man!! Hope you can get her all fixed up.

Thanks! I never expected to see it again. I've already purchased a full ignition, gas tank cap, hump lock set to get those replaced.
Any idea if it's bad for anything other than noise to run the bike with just the header and cat for a bit until I get the turbo stuff sorted?

All 7 of my vehicles policies have been reviewed for what is in them as of now! The 2013 had full coverage, but my claim basically maxed out the policy! The new policy covers more.
But if you want, you can always buy a Stated Value policy, and its costly, but say if you had 25k into a bike, and thats what it was insured for, you would get it minus your deductible!

Sorry to be honest here, but the insurance companies Suck!
I lost out of 2 years of Payments, and over 3k on my parts, only because my insurance agent, sucked!

This is the the condition I recovered the bike in. They put almost 600 miles on it and roasted a brand new rear PR4 tire I just put on. Windshield is spray painted, fairings are scuffed up, pipes gone, right mirror and passenger peg broke off (from laying it over), trunk busted up. From what I can tell my electric cruise control is all still there and functioning though. From now on she cuddles with her other siblings in the back room. The zx6r is getting torn up to become a 2 seat race buggy though.

0129171836.jpg

0129172139.jpg

That's awesome man, I'm glad you got your bike back.

Back