Stolen busas !!! What may be their final destiny ?!?

nf2905

Registered
Hi guys,

Last 1st December my Blue & Gold GSX1300R K8 was stolen from my garage in Lisbon/PORTUGAL (Pics attached).
I had a steel cable plus a steel chain to the wall, but it was not enough, the job was well prepared, during the night burgles did cut both, pulled it through the second garage floor (scratches on the cement) where they throw it to the back of some truck and disappear.

So, my objective of this topic is to get info from anyone that suffer this very unfortunate experience and to know from them if anyone did manage to get his Busa back and what were the steps they have done for it.

I have made a lot of modifications on my Busa and is very easily recognized (I love bikes & mechanics, so...).
Police was on the scene and customs were alerted for any export trial for Brazil or any South America countries.
I spread all over (taxis) a photo offering 2000 Euros for recovering it in the same good condition, but probably will not be enough.
However, with EU is very easy to change the plate for a fake one and travel to any country of South Europe or East Europe.
Besides any help that could lead to recovering my Busa I would like to get some info if the burgles will manage to put it rolling on road or not.
We all know that ignition is dependent of individual coil magnetized key, however how easy will be to over come that? Do they will need to change the ICU?

For the record it follows some of the MOds:
Top Frame / Dash panel in Carbon Fiber;
Front & Rear Brakes BERINGER in Red Aluminum;
Rear Sets VORTEX Gold color;
Passenger Pedals/Exhaust support coated in Black;
Front Brake/Clutch levers VORTEX Gold color;
Left Stator Cover WOODCRAFT anodized gold aluminum;
Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders SHOGUN with anodized gold aluminum covers;
Exhaust TSUKIGI Black coated with gold aluminum Tips;
Velocimeter Gauges in white lighted with Blue Leds (Illumiglo with specific Blue Mod;
Clutch/Brake Oil Reservoir covers VORTEX in Blue Aluminum;
Blue Titanium Bolts (calipers, brake discs, front suspension, etc);
Race Spec (perforated) Red Aluminum Bolts with Golden perforated Spacers (frame and so);
Xenon Lights and lots of my hands on work...

many thanks and great care... with your Busa,
Nuno

And Pics:

PICT0003.jpg

Hayabusa Roubada 72-HE-25 Tampas Reservatorios VORTEX azuis.jpg

Hayabusa Roubada 72-HE-25 RearSet Vortex dourados.jpg

Hayabusa Roubada 72-HE-25 Bomba Travão Beringer Vermelha.jpg

Hayabusa Roubada 72-HE-25 Escapes TSUKIGI pretos pontas douradas.jpg

Hayabusa Roubada 72-HE-25 velocimetro branco leds azuis.jpg

Hayabusa Roubada 72-HE-25.jpg

sorry to hear that man but the likely hood of getting it back after this long is not to good. probably been taken apart by now and sole for parts, or someone had changed the vin number on it and is using a different title. in the few cases i have seen people get there bikes back it usually wasn't in the same condition as was.

It is a beautiful bike, and I am sorry that it was taken from you. Keep your hopes up, but chances are that it is gone for good. A good friend of mine had his SV1000 stolen from his garage about 3 years ago. We thought for sure it was gone forever and moved on. He got a notice in the mail about a year after it was stolen saying it was in a repo yard in Atlanta and he was going to be charged if he did not pick it up. Turns out, the Atlanta police arrested the guy that was on it for a previous violation, then impounded the bike and it sat for a couple of months.

It had some light damage on it, but we cleaned it up, put a new ignition on it and traded it in on a new KLR-650. So, there is still hope you will see it again, but I would move on if you have the means.

I am very sorry, I hope you find her like she was. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

Its really just how the cards fall for you, i had a truck stolen almost 2 years ago and havent heard anything, yet guys that had trucks stolen we believe were all part of the same group had they're trucks recovered right away. I recently saw a story on the news of a guy gettin his truck recovered and given back to him after it had been stolen like 38 years earlier. I'd rather see mine burned to the ground somewhere than spend my whole life wondering.

It sounds like you were specifically targeted, which means the thieves already knew what they were going to do with the bike when they took it. Like you said, it's either parted or shipped out of the country, or both. You need guns more than you need chains and locks :thumbsup:

Collect your insurance (I hope you had some), go buy another one and learn from the lesson.

Back