Stolen Bike!!!

Sorry bout the bike, criminals should all rot in hell.
One of my friends had his bike nabbed from a motel parking lot at the beach. The police found the bike, or what was left of it, completely stripped with front and rear Kryptonite disc lock still attached. Apparently the criminals, later found to be from mexico illegally, were using skateboards. A couple would put the front and rear tire on two skateboards, roll it into a box truck, strip the crap out of it and discard the frame.
Where there is a will there is a way, very sad indeed.

That's exactly what I suspect happened here... Skateboards or something similar to load it and they are gone... There wasn't even a hint of a skid mark where the front tire might have been slid...

It makes me wonder if you can do anything in a big sity like Houston to protect one of these bikes... They follow you around town to see where you pull into, and then it's just a matter of time...

The police are pretty much helpless to do anything about it... I know that from when the Hayabusa got stolen last year... Even though we had some good leads - one of the potential thieves had all the windows in his house taped up with aluminum foil so you couldn't see in - they did not have sufficient evidence (a tip from an ad I placed in Cycle Trader) to get a warrant to go in and look...

We'll get them, though... From what I am seeing today, my next bike is going to be a poster bike for security gadgets - forget the pipe and Power Commander, if you can't keep the thieves away for more than about 6 months, why bother with those mods?

I say when ya get your new bike and find out who it is you lock thier sorry azz up to the back of the bike and take them for a nice long ride down the road dragging behind the new bike after a few miles of road rash IF they are still alive they will prob never steal anthything again !!!!

grim.gif
firedevil.gif
grim.gif
firedevil.gif
grim.gif
firedevil.gif

jump9.gif
jump9.gif

Payback is a B*TCH !!!

grim.gif

firedevil.gif

grim.gif

firedevil.gif

jump9.gif

Just got a call from the guy who has the Busa in the same spot my Gixxer was stolen from - the one that had the cable that they couldn't cut through... Seems that he had had another identical Busa stolen on April 17. It seems funny that the apartment management didn't feel like that was a piece of information that they thought they might share with me as I waled through the parking garage with them to look for a place to tie my bike down before I ever moved in here. I moved in on April 29...

Any attorneys on the forum?

I AM WITH VRIPLEY LOL :-)

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>How about 700,000 volts of boosted electricity through all metal...

I would like to mount a camera nearby too.

Hehehe.</span>

come on guys....what is the downside of the cobras?
This forum has always given the pros and cons of any discussion....

If you will not say it in the forum how can we find out?

I'm kinda with JetSet with not divulging the weaknesses of something that seems to work pretty well...
I guess my point is that one of the benefits of this forum is to help me become a better consumer. Rather than listening to some guy who wants to sell me something or some manufacturer marketing brochure, I'd much rather listen to someone on the forum.

If somebody were to ask me about my thoughts on a new (exhaust, screen, whatever), and I told them "Yeah, I liked it except for one thing that I'm not going to tell you." That wouldn't be very cool in my book.

Anyway, good luck in getting your ride back!

I tried to get a system called (lock down) a system that works like on star. I called the company twice and left messages then E mailed them twice... no answer... wonder if the protection of their system is as good as the new custumer service.:cuss:
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

cussing.gif

Juggler, I understand your point of view... The problem is that the thieves are getting so bold and well equipped these days, I think you'll find that no siingle solution is going to protect you - no matter what you use...

Maybe JetSet could send you a PM if you absolutely have to know... Looking at the two systems side by side, and seeing concrete where my Gixxer was, and the Busa still sitting in it's spot, I would have to say that the NY Noose IS NOT the way to go...

The other system has some damage, but it is definitely a hefty piece of equipment... I looked at it again a little while ago, and actually lifted it up to get a feel for the weight... You should have a look at one...

If I do it again, I'll probably put a chain on one end and one of the CobraLink style devices on the other...

Max Speed - I just got a call from a guy that gave me their website, and I just had a look at it, too...

I am a pilot, and I use a handheld GPS from time to time to complement my panel based GPS units... The problem with GPS is that if you lose the line of site to the satellite, you lose the signal, and end of story...

I believe both of my bikes were loaded into a van-style vehicle and drive out of the parking garages. If that van has a solid metal roof, with no side windows, changes of getting a solid GPS signal for tracking are low. If it drives straight from your location and into a metal or concrete building, you probably won't ever see where it went... At least that's what I think - I might be wrong.

There is a Canadian company called Boomerang that is tryingto get started up in the US, and they have a system that runs over cellular, and their approcach is totally different - they have their wown tracking team - after they get the notification that your bike has been stolen, their guys track it down and do the recovery - no waiting for the police, and they advertise a 1-hour recovery time...

I sent a request from their website for more information and when they might get to the US... You might want to follow what they do:

http://www.boomerangtracking.com/index.asp

It would be awesome if they can pull this off and do it relatively cheaply...

Hey dude, no words can express how I feel about someone stealing something that doesn't belong to them...especially high dollar items. I'll just say "sorry to hear that...", and leave it at that because if I get on my soap box I will definitely be banned from this board.

Brian
grim.gif

ever seen the movie "Robocop" this scumbag tries to steal the car , he gets juiced when he climbs into the drivers seat.

Easy to do . Ok . You post a warning sign , you know to keep them fuggin' lawyer types off yer azz .

1. go to local auto parts store .
2. buy an Inverter it turns 12 volts into 120 volts .
(trust me,they work, they turn yer 12 into 110 house current )
3. Hook inverter up using all of yer motorcycle's metal as ground circuit .
4 . Sign could read something like this :

Stealing THIS motorcycle Will be hazardous
TO YOUR HEALTH .
Possibly could end your life .
GET A JOB , OR DIE .
YOUR CHOICE .

Can't find a job because yer some sort
of Low-Life Loser ? No Problem .
I offer personal 1 on 1 help with:
SELF Assisted Suicide.

Hey ? Wadda think? Good Idea huh ? eh? O YA..

ever seen the movie "Robocop"    this scumbag tries to steal the car , he gets juiced when he climbs into the drivers seat.

Easy to do .  Ok  .  You post a warning sign , you know to keep them fuggin' lawyer types off yer azz .

1. go to local auto parts store .
    2. buy an    Inverter   it turns 12 volts into 120 volts .
          (trust me,they work, they turn yer 12 into 110 house current )
    3.  Hook inverter up using all of yer motorcycle's metal as ground circuit .
    4 .   Sign could read something like this :

Stealing THIS motorcycle Will be hazardous
                     TO YOUR HEALTH .
                 Possibly could end your life .
                     GET A JOB , OR DIE .
                         YOUR CHOICE .

Can't find a job because yer some sort
                of Low-Life Loser ?  No Problem .
                  I offer personal 1 on 1 help with:
                     SELF Assisted Suicide.

Hey ?   Wadda think?    Good Idea huh ?   eh?   O YA..
Hey.....cool idea RSD I just bought a 700 watt inverter to power the stereo down on that bluff for my wedding.
I was kinda wndering, what I should do with it now.
Question answered.
Oh yeah........next time someone sees my bike......please don't touch it......ya might be in fer a zaprise.

Here is my idea(s), for extreme cases. There is no better way to prevent something, than to use FEAR.
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

1. The idea I had a long time ago was to line the inside of the fairing with plastic exposives.

2. Use the same jets thats are used to blow flames from exhaust pipes on cars, mount them on the inner fairing, to be activated a few minites after the alarm has gone off. Hehe free total body shave.

3. rig a device to frag the motorcycle (and possible the rider). ya know, like a 600 hp shot of NOS(or largest possible).

4. have a device to cut the brake/clutch line. you dont have to guess what will happen.

Thieves can be just as clever as those who make security devices. I think its suprising that some carry items to freeze chains and lock to make them easy to break.

Motorcycles have their weight and size working aginst those who are honest and for the thieves. 2-3 guys and simply lift a motorcycle and place it into a van, then drive away. The only way to prevent this is to anchor down a motorcycle with a unbreakable chain to something that cannot be moved or removed. Alarm systems are good to attract attention, but how many times have you heard alarms go off in a parking garages and just ignored them. Disc Locks are just about the only form of lock that gives thieves a challenge, i have read that it can take over 20 min. to get just one off (put one on each disc on a busa and that can take over an hour to get them off). But then again, all they would have to do is pick up the bike and put it into a van or on something to haul it away to a garage.

The bottom line: If you want something bad enough you will get/keep it.

To better educate yourselves, dont go to security sites that sell locks to you telling how they protect your stuff. Look for the websites that explain how to get by those protections, learn how the thieves can get your stuff, and prevent it with that information.
I might post a few links tomarrow with this information. IMHO it helps you protect your stuff a heck of a lot better when you have the information.

firedevil.gif

I decided to post two links, tell how alot of people bypass security systems, alarm, and locks. Im hoping that ALL of you will use this to help you keep your posessions safe, and give you some insight on what products are vulnerable.

http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/locks_and_security/
http://www.rotteneggs.com/re_egg_display.php3?eggid=5081

WARNING!! these webpages are contain alot of things that would not be good to be found reading at work, or have your average 14-18 year old boy get ahold of.

share some of the info on the bike (details, VIN or partial VIN), colors, extras, etc.

I'm out all the time and know quite a few people at Suzuki dealerships and shops, I can keep an eye out...

was this Inside the loop?

Back