Stockpiling New Tires . . . who does it?

Only thing with these tires is that they are so tall that while on the side stand the bike leans quite a bit lol

IMG_20190821_153549.jpg

IMG_20190821_153626.jpg

IMG_20190821_153647_01.jpg

I've been buying up cheap Michelin Pilot Power pairs of tires.
The rears are 180/55's . . not ideal for the Busa, but I've used these before and found very little difference in handling or traction.
The only issue is they wear a little quicker than the Pilot Power 3 2CT's I've used for the last 3 sets.
Dose anyone else do this, buy up in bulk when they are on special?
I paid $640 for 3 pairs, cheapest I've ever seen so I snapped up the deal.
View attachment 1603774
My BKing had a 180 when i got it , didnt think too much about it as it seemed ok on flat twisties but thru hills etc you run out of lean angle real quick, when i arrived at my destination i saw i had used all and some of the rear :crazy: the front had its usual chicken strip.

It was a Bridgestone T30 tho , not a Power.

Stock rear on the BKing is a 200/50/17.

Only thing with these tires is that they are so tall that while on the side stand the bike leans quite a bit lol

View attachment 1603848

View attachment 1603849

View attachment 1603850
Thanks for posting @ZeePopo , watch that lean bro , I think the stand mod might help if you haven't already done it . Maybe look into one of them R&G kickstand foot pads , it might give the stand a touch more length .
Wow that tire is huge , I think I seen either your bike or someones with it , and I also been told it really is a monster 200 , because of 60 aspect !!
Can you measure across when you get time and post us the actual width from edge to edge of tire , like if you could get a vernier measurement please . Just that , the last tire I used that were Pirelli's Corsa SC , and were measured that way only 193mm vernier measured (at shop ) . I'd say these would be a true 200mm looking at the pics , but be nice to confirm if possible .

Thanks for posting @ZeePopo , watch that lean bro , I think the stand mod might help if you haven't already done it . Maybe look into one of them R&G kickstand foot pads , it might give the stand a touch more length .
Wow that tire is huge , I think I seen either your bike or someones with it , and I also been told it really is a monster 200 , because of 60 aspect !!
Can you measure across when you get time and post us the actual width from edge to edge of tire , like if you could get a vernier measurement please . Just that , the last tire I used that were Pirelli's Corsa SC , and were measured that way only 193mm vernier measured (at shop ) . I'd say these would be a true 200mm looking at the pics , but be nice to confirm if possible .
Hi. I need the roll out I need the tallest tire I can get. I will be using an overdrive 5th and 6th gear trans with a 20 tooth front and a 36 rear. The taller tire will make it like I am using a 35 or a 34 tooth rear. I will be spinning the motor to 13500 RPM.

#DMEapproved ~ #DUNLOP ~ #HookDeadUp ~ #SportmaxQ4 ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Back