Stock rear sprocket tooth count?

Mostly for drag racing,,, not really needed for the street though!

Yes. I have a 43t on mine. Great for the street. Still good for freeway. Won't go back to stock.
smile.gif

The bike will come out of the hole much quicker,, however you will lose top speed!!

For me a lot better in town because of lower gear ratio. Easier on the clutch and rpm range right on for commute. Lost a little top speed but can't do it anywhere here anyway. Hard to go 186 on a crowded freeway.

what brand sprocket did you go with? I'm in the same boat, I don't really think i'll ever need the top speed capability of this machine, what I may lose with the new rear would not be somethin i'd notice cause I never planned to get it that fast to begin with. One thing though, i've heard guys say they wanted to increase the teeth in the rear so they can pop up the front easier lol. Wouldn't you be able to pop up the front wheel easier if you had LESS teeth on the back?

General consenus seems to be 16 front and 42 rear as most optimal for the busa, I know 16t front perked up mine with very little loss on top end

I went 42t rear, jt steel. Just what the doc ordered. In the twisties, gave the little extra I was after without destroying the top end or making it buzzy on the highway. However, made first even more unusable then before, either stands straight up (warm tire) or lites the rear up (cold tire) rolling on in first. Or second. My "butt dyno" says it was worth the time and money.

i think i may pop for a 42T rear. Whats THE best brand out there? I know theres always lots of talk about Vortex

couldn't find a price on the sidewinders. Couldn't find anything definitive on JT Steel either but how bout this one? <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-42-Tooth-VORTEX-530-Rear-Sprocket_W0QQitemZ4643262155QQcategoryZ35600QQssPageName
ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

Sidewinders run about $150....kind of spendy. Vortex is fine, but the aluminum alloy one may not be the best choice if you're a drag racer. Otherwise it's a-ok. I just went with a steel JT, actually bought it off a board member that just never got around to installing it, $30. Probably best just to ask Charles at Street & Track, member and sponser here. Another site that is well respected is hardracing.com.

guy i talked to at bike night last night said i wouldn't really notice much of a change until i got up to like a 48T sprocket??

Back