Stock radial mount calipers, What's the best bang for the buck??

Rollin20z

Registered
Before anyone say's use search button , I have been thru and read so many different threads now I'm confused more. :laugh:

Anyways I was just curious what you guys think the best bang for the buck is on front brake set-up. As you know I stripped the plastics off the Green Lantern Gen 1 and currently have a set of blacks I will be putting back on for the stealth look for the time being until I come up with another paint scheme to do it in. But, while I had it done I figured why not go ahead and switch the front end to radial mounted brakes for a more updated look. So, I went ahead and picked up a brand new take-off set of Gen 2 forks,triples set-up to go on it and now am just debating on which calipers to go with. I know, I know lots with say the Brembo's but actually I like the look of the Beringers better but don't want to order them until I decide on color for bike so I can decide on which color to order. I can pick-up brand new Gen 2 take off set-ups calipers,pads & lines for under $60, but how much better are the GSXR/R1's compared to Gen 2's ?

But as far as stock monblocks off say GSXR1000 or R1's which would you say would be better for now?

Any others better than these?

Peticular years any better?

Thanks

Back