stock or bmc filter

copskahn

Registered
I need some advice, I am running a akrapovic full system, small air box mod, pair valve mod, and a power commander. Would it be better to run a BMC filter or stay with a stock one? Its on a 2006 busa.. stock motor..

Greg you've done extensive testing. In your opinion what will be gained with the BMC and does it allow more particles to pass through it, say the stocker.

I just hate to keep throwing figures out there with your name, because it's just to much to remember :laugh:

Remember there are 2 BMC Air filters, Standard and Race. Race is the way to go if you really want an increase in flow and not just another washable air filter.

Thanks for the advice. I had a local machanic tell me stay with the stock air filter and run all short stacks for more hp..

we did a test and on a dyno with no wind bmc did creat 1.4 more hp but with wind blowing on the stock it didnt improve. keep stock plus ur motor will last longer

the race supposedly lets more air in and also lets more dust particles in as well. Thats why they say just run it on the track. Many people run it on the road though.

The race version in order to flow more filters less. I personnaly don't think it's degraded to the point of concern. I've been running BMC race filters on the street in my GSXR's since 2002. My new busa has one in it now.

Back