Stock motor GSXR1000 anyone go 200 yet?

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
We are finishing up a 2009 GSXR1000 with a bunch of aftermarket bolt-ons. Stock motor, anyone go 200 yet stock, stock height and length.

I think Chad has but not sure if it was stock motor...

That's going to be tough in 1-mile (without a jocket), get'er done... :thumbsup:

Reaching 200 on a stock engine will be a tough task. However, it may be doable? If so, I'm sure you'll Get R Done Greg! :beerchug:

Reaching 200 on a stock engine will be a tough task. However, it may be doable? If so, I'm sure you'll Get R Done Greg! :beerchug:
We will give it a pop as see what happens. I know we will need some gearing.

The guy on the black and gold gsxr 1000 at the texas mile went 192 or 194 didnt he? and it was an all stock bike, i would think it would be doable. good luck :thumbsup:

Those 09's are beasts. What kinda numbers are you seeing on the dyno Greg?
The one we are playing with now, pump gas 165 HP..there is more with better fuel. This is with the new Akrapovic 4-2-2 EVO II.

Guessing we will see around 170's with MR9, my new friend. :laugh:

You are correct for a bike that light its pretty darn strong.

Its lightened up a bit. Going to run it as is now, still sorting out gearing. We hit the rev limiter on the dyno in sixth at 186 derestricted with a speedo healer.

Then we have the complete Yoshimura package going in after this next maxton event, CNC head, thinner gasket, dual cams, studs, cam sprockets and a few other bolt-ons for another run in October. Yoshi is claiming 12 HP increase.

Last edited:
Took it out for a street ride today, hot dam these things are fast............................. :thumbsup:

First thing that u will need to do is put a more exact speedo on it cuz factory speedos usually arent exact above 180 or so.......that 1k has how much on speedo max wise?????

First thing that u will need to do is put a more exact speedo on it cuz factory speedos usually arent exact above 180 or so.......that 1k has how much on speedo max wise?????

I really don't care about the speedo the bike will run whatever the timing lights at Maxton and Texas say. I don't do highway runs. I have ridden a few fast bikes and this bike with a little tweaking should fly and its super light. There is a speedo healer on it now. I know Lee's Performance a had few full Carbon Fiber 1K's running 210 on motor last year but they were not stock. Not sure how far I am going to dive into this, I guess as far as the owners pockets will allow.

Last edited:
The guy on the black and gold gsxr 1000 at the texas mile went 192 or 194 didnt he? and it was an all stock bike, i would think it would be doable. good luck :thumbsup:

It takes a lot of hp to go fom 192/194 mph to over 200 mph with air speed and pressure being high....a lighter rider may help some but hp is gotta be there and the lil difference between two stock bikes,I don't think will be enough.....Good Luck and Be Safe..

It takes a lot of hp to go fom 192/194 mph to over 200 mph with air speed and pressure being high....a lighter rider may help some but hp is gotta be there and the lil difference between two stock bikes,I don't think will be enough.....Good Luck and Be Safe..
Just curious have you personally gone over 200 in a standing mile, its a fun experience.

Back