Stock Gent 2 Swing arm weight ?????

c10

Registered
Does any member have one they can accurately weight on something other than a bathroom scale ?
Looking at the Unit 5 arm's that weight 8 pounds braced at long length so a stock length arm from them might be a pound or 2 lighter .
Thanks

Stock swingarm bro , no rear axle adjusters or bolts , no axle , no front pivot axle or axle bearing sleeves . 1 bolt less missing on chain cushion , weighed in kg . That is a hanging scale , weighs up to 30kg , pretty good quality . Just took them pics , 7.30am as I write ....Hahahahah

Thank you Andrew. I messaged with Unit 5, and he told me their arms were not meant for my application of twisty riding. :(
They look great. So I'll be looking to do something else.
What does your fancy arm weigh?
I had them both weighed together on that scale when I got the new arm , and I have misplaced / cant find where I wrote it down . Not a lot from memory , 800 grams I'm pretty sure is what it is . I do love it though bro , I bet you could hang off RJ fully loaded and get no flex with this arm , and rare to boot .
Unit5 does some great innovative work , if you build a drag weapon .

I had them both weighed together on that scale when I got the new arm , and I have misplaced / cant find where I wrote it down . Not a lot from memory , 800 grams I'm pretty sure is what it is . I do love it though bro , I bet you could hang off RJ fully loaded and get no flex with this arm , and rare to boot .
Unit5 does some great innovative work , if you build a drag weapon .
Less than a kilo? What's it made of, Unobtanium? :bowdown:

If I lived in the States , I would look for a known good welder / fabricator , and get a trick light weight custom arm made up , one that is suitable for road racing over drag racing . In the US , you must have some good people to choose from , maybe get looked after $ , but over here in Australia there are some also , but cannot ever expect cheap , for best job done .

Cant find the thread. Someone had a swing arm made by a guy in I think Conway, South Carolina.
Weighed 8 pounds or 8 pounds lighter.Cant remember.

Back