Stock Fuel Pump

Daddy Fatsac

Registered
Today I have decided to do the big bore. I will be going with the JE 13:1 1397cc piston kit. Currently have the crank being stroked for an additional 112cc. Now my question is...will the stock fuel pump be enough to power that engine?

NO

Go to a T-rex or = also mount the pump in the back side uner the plastic. You are going to be putting more heat out and the l;ocation of the stock pump is not great.

Your point brings up another. Since the bigger engine puts out more heat, will the radiator have to be supersized too?

Signed'
Curious in California.

Where do I get this T-Rex from...and do you have a picture of where to place the pump? Your going to have to work with me...I'm a n00b when it comes to engines. Let me tell you I have learned so much in these last 6 months without my busa its unreal. Thanks in advance!

Err...WTFudge!! Is this thing (T-Rex) a freakin car fuel pump? How long does a tank of gas last? And realize this isn't a drag bike at all. How much did the pump cost you?

Your point brings up another. Since the bigger engine puts out more heat, will the radiator have to be supersized too?

Signed'
Curious in California.
NO you will be fine... However in a hot climate i would put on a second fan or a fan you can turn on and off. i have not put the second fan on but could use it in traffic.

Err...WTFudge!!  Is this thing (T-Rex) a freakin car fuel pump?  How long does a tank of gas last?  And realize this isn't a drag bike at all.  How much did the pump cost you?
Car and bike fuel pump are the same thing. For performance you need a whole lot of gas. It keeps the pump running steady. about $250.00-$280.00

Not a drag bike but you are buildiing a high performance bike that will want lots of gas. It will not be bad unless you are on it. There are other fuel pumps out there some are bigger, the t-rex fits and has the correct angle on the conectors.

Can the pump be adjusted? With a pump like this can I squeeze out at least 175 miles per tank of gas? Or does that not matter because it depends on the mapping from the pc2? This project is starting to scare me. Here in Japan just less than 6 gallons of gas costs $15-19 dollars.

What will my engine tell me if I stayed with the stock pump vs. the aftermarket? Will it half ass accelerate? Will the engine even start? Lets say it started and ran just fine...is there anyway it can damage the engine for not having enough fuel?

Where to buy and what model?

Can the pump be adjusted?  With a pump like this can I squeeze out at least 175 miles per tank of gas?  Or does that not matter because it depends on the mapping from the pc2? This project is starting to scare me.  Here in Japan just less than 6 gallons of gas costs $15-19 dollars.  

What will my engine tell me if I stayed with the stock pump vs. the aftermarket?  Will it half ass accelerate?  Will the engine even start?  Lets say it started and ran just fine...is there anyway it can damage the engine for not having enough fuel?  

Where to buy and what model?
As long as you don't use NOS or turbo you will be fine. If you go lean a little.

You would get gas mileage 30mpg or above for normal driving. If you were racing maybe 20. You would still average well.

The big point is why bother with a 1400cc motor if you are not trying to preform better and get out all you can.? You may find that the stock pump is a little weak to push the new big motor. You should be OK either way.

I would suggest try the stock pump and if the engine feels like it isnt getting enough gas then go with the new pump. The only problem I see with too little gas is that the engine would run too lean and may cause overheating. This is because the vaporized gasoline cools the engine a little bit. I dont think you are changing the engine size that much that you would need that much more flow.

Ok...I'm chaning it more than ya'll know. The 5mm stroke and the 1397cc pistons comes to 1507cc. This is from the bore x bore x stroke x .7854 = blah blah x 4. Learned that last night! yeah baby. So will this require that T-Rex fuel pump?

Alright thank you very much for any info that ya'll can give.

Ok...I'm chaning it more than ya'll know.  The 5mm stroke and the 1397cc pistons comes to 1507cc.  This is from the bore x bore x stroke x .7854 = blah blah x 4.  Learned that last night!  yeah baby.  So will this require that T-Rex fuel pump?  

Alright thank you very much for any info that ya'll can give.
That is a heffty engine. I would go with a high volume pump like the T-Rex. There are others that will work well also. You can try the stock and if it craps out you know what the problem will be.

What exactly do you mean crap out? What is the worst that can happen? That is what I need to know so I don't blow anything up. I'm worried about stuff like that you know. I haven't riddin' since Jan. Once its back together and right I don't want to have anymore down time like this EVER again!

If the engine just stops running...not to bad...just where, that can be the serious problem...hehe

But if something could break...we got serious issues to worry about.

Also WHERE can I buy this pump from? What model number? How much PSI? You know...alittle more info on this pump please so I can get my research on.

Thanks like always bro!

What exactly do you mean crap out?  What is the worst that can happen?  That is what I need to know so I don't blow anything up.  I'm worried about stuff like that you know.  I haven't riddin' since Jan.  Once its back together and right I don't want to have anymore down time like this EVER again!

If the engine just stops running...not to bad...just where, that can be the serious problem...hehe

But if something could break...we got serious issues to worry about.

Also WHERE can I buy this pump from?  What model number?  How much PSI?  You know...alittle more info on this pump please so I can get my research on.  

Thanks like always bro!
Search

Vortech T-Rex Fuel Pump

Read up the specs. The T-rex is the model number

if you run the stock pump the most it will do is not run well, as long as you are not running NOS are turbo. If you run NOS ypou will need a high volume pump.

The big point is if you go through all of the engine work and have the bike apart it is easier now then later.

It will be a non-turbo/non-nos engine! But I'll do more research on this pump today. I thank you for all your help bro! Again!
afro.gif
kickass.gif

Well I got a question... What is the rating of the stock fuel pump? I've see two Vortec fuel pumps and each with a different rating. One is 43 gph/70 psi and the other 50 gph/70psi. I personally would want to go with the lower of the two for better gas mileage (if thats how it works). That is if stock is alot less.

Back