Stock fuel map and with HMF high mount slip-ons

GHILLIE

Registered
I just put a pair of HMF high mount slip-ons, and the seat of my pants testing says the bike is a tad lean below 4000. From there on, it's difficult to say if it continues to be lean as the difference between stock and with the HMF's is slight if any.

So does anyone one know if the Busa is lean in stock configuration below 4000. And are there any maps that work for just the slip-ons, not a full system, no air box mod yet, etc.?

are you using a PC III? if yes, maybe check DYNOJET's site for a map for your mods.

Planning on getting a PC III, but no specific map for just what I have on their site. The closest is the high mount system and small mod to the air box. Both of which move way more air than just slip-ons like me.

I have been looking at some of the other maps by title hoping to find one that might work, but I would only be guessing without some hard data.

I'm sure the stock map would be fine, in that it wouldn't cause engine damage. The bike is clearly lean from stock, and enough so there is a slight loss of power. The power loss is the most noticeable at low and midrange. The power loss may be throughout the entire powerband, just more noticeable there.

Obviously the map on the PC site that deals with the HMF high mounts, also has an air box mod. So if I use that map, logic would indicate I would be rich running that map.

I guess I'm looking for someone that has an idea of other dual slipon applications that flow close to what the HMF's do.

I know dynoing the bike would be the best solution and come up with my own map, but that comes with its on set of complications, and I don't want to do that.

Thanks for any ideas

John

I had HMF high slip-ons on my bike for just over 3 years. I added a Bazzaz about a month before I took them off. With their generic map is seemed a little smoother but no noticeable increase in power, and ran really rich.

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like I'm on my own for maps. If I find something that works well for my set-up, I will post it here.

Back