STOCK EXHAUST QUESTION

kkbusa

Registered
I have a 08 busa that I took off the stock mufflers and I put on the stock mufflers from my 02 busa with a little work. If I punch a hole through with a 5/8 or 3/4 rod or drill bit what will it sound like. Saving up for aftermarket pipes but it is taking some time.

On my 06 I removed the rear beauty cover and drilled nine 1/2" holes in the rear baffle plate and five in the front baffle plate, deep inside (took a long drill bit).  I painted the ends with hi temp black paint and left the beauty covers off but reinstalled the screws.  Its looks ok to me and sounds great.  No popping, backfiring or ignition changes.  No loss of power either, just a nice low growl at idle that increases nicely at the turn of my wrist.
ThumbsUp.gif

On my 06 I removed the rear beauty cover and drilled nine 1/2" holes in the rear baffle plate and five in the front baffle plate, deep inside (took a long drill bit).  I painted the ends with hi temp black paint and left the beauty covers off but reinstalled the screws.  Its looks ok to me and sounds great.  No popping, backfiring or ignition changes.  No loss of power either, just a nice low growl at idle that increases nicely at the turn of my wrist.
ThumbsUp.gif
+1

I did this too, sounds awesome. I just did the rear of the cans though.

Back