Stock exhaust modification

I have seen several members that have modified thier stock exhausts. Removed baffles, cut the pipes down to make shorties, etc. What are you looking to do?

I'm thinking, maybe a little shorter. Cut baffle and remove the packing. Mainly looking for little better sound, will this help performance at all? It looks pretty easy to take apart. 3 Allen heads each. Just looking for info on what my expected result will be and what I'm getting into once I take the bolts out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Performance gain will be ZERO...just louder is all you will get.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did it . I was board last winter. not a lot louder and you do get a little popping when down shifting. there was no increase in power that I noticed.

Performance gain will be ZERO...just louder is all you will get.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, and also cooler to the touch. I did mine and it wasn't too bad. The tip is ss and the muffler is aluminum, my friends welding eventually cracked. The others I've seen have used threaded rod and turned out nice. Other than that it was just one straight through cut with a reciprocating saw.
I (like most others) cut them from 3 chambers down to one. Without so much exhaust built up in them and for less time, the mufflers are much cooler. It also got rid of around 12 pounds. People can say what they will, but much to my suprise, I noticed that weight gone while flicking back and forth through corners.
You may also want to PM Schism, he did a nice job on his.

SDC10960.jpg

SDC10961.jpg

Back