stock exhaust can mod

bajabug

Registered
i just got a downed 04 that had damage to the left exhaust can so i thought i would try something out with it.

i grinded the small tack welds off and took the thing apart. i found a huge, heavy, piece of steel on the inside. with a little sawzall action i got the thing to appear stock with the removal of the inner baffle section. im leaveing the unharmed one the way it is untill i have heard the new one.

any comments on the possible performance enhancements/sound quality??

as soon as i get the new gen cover ill start it up and let ya all know how she sounds.

Matt

It'll make some more noise, but it's not going to do anything else. The biggest restriction on the Busa is the Mid-pipes.

You might run into some backfiring though so you might have to remove the PAIR. OTherwise, it's just going to be louder.

It's been done.

I have done it.

Good mod.

Here are the step by step instructions. He did it and documented it.

It is on the board here, you could have found it by doing a seach for exhaust mod

Here is the link for you

I followed 382's instructions step by step and had no problems. easy mod. sounds good.

thanks for the links guys.  cool site too kevin.
Thanks
cool.gif

I HAVE TRIED TWO DIFFERANT WAYS FIRST TIME JUST USED CHOP SAW CHOPPED OF END ABOUT 1/4 INCH BACK LEFT BACK AND ANODIZED BLACK OPEN SOUNDS WICKED LOUD AND LOOKS EVEN COOLER MAKE SURE YOU REMAPP
THE SECOND WE CUST THE WELD ON THE CAPS REMOVED AND GUTTED VERY CAREFULLY WITH TORCH BUT BECAREFUL MY BUDDY TRIED IT AND BLEW A HOLE THRU THE SIDE OF THE PIPE NOT QUITE AS LOUD BUT STILL REAL MEAN

Back