Stock Chain

POPO 749

Registered
Just got the 16/42 sproket combo in and they went on with no problem, but my question is do I need to replace the stock chain for a longer one? The stocker only has 2000 miles on it so I would hate to buy another if it's not needed. Just want to be sure would hate to have it snap and tear who knows what up.

You should have enough adjustment to be OK. stock is 17/40 with 112 links. If you can afford it, I would order a new chain to your sproket size. Your sprokets will love you longer for it....
biggrin.gif

You pay the postage and I'll send you a box of cases and sproket covers from people that were to cheap to get rid of the stock chain. There is an 02 with 1400 miles on the lift now with a cracked case. REPLACE IT!!!

What is a good chain for a turbo bike(18/38), and a good chain for stock. I need to replace mine, and i want a strong one.

I'm at 6200 miles, my chain is barely showing any wear. I clean it and lube it regularly and haven't needed to make a tension adjustment since it finished its break-in. I expect a stock chain togo 20k, only mod I've done is an exhaust mod.

Just got the 16/42 sproket combo in and they went on with no problem, but my question is do I need to replace the stock chain for a longer one? The stocker only has 2000 miles on it so I would hate to buy another if it's not needed.  Just want to be sure would hate to have it snap and tear who knows what up.
let me know how you like that 16/42 combo, i have chain and sprockets but havent taken it in to the shop to get installed yet.

Which EK and which DID chains? I am making a BIG order from Parts411.com, so im looking for a chain from them, but the DID ZVM (think) I have found at other places.

I was planning on gettting a Tsubaki Sigma for $118 from hayabusa zone, but I want to find a cheaper one somewhere.

Back