Stock Cam Lobecenters ? (04 Busa)

gulag

Registered
Hi gang.

Im in the process of installing adjustable sprockets to the cams in my 04 Busa, I have been trying to find on this msg board what Lobe Centers people are using for stock cams but cant find it..

anyone know the LC numbers?

(I have seen int.105°, exh.105°)

also, (for those who have done this) I got the API sprockets+adaptors, do I need a press to remove/install the sprockets or is it possible to tap them on/off?

thanks..

I would use 106In -103Ex -if it's stock engine. Pull the base gasket out if you can.

You will have to use a press both on and off. Chill the cams for install, use locktite as a lubricant and the sprocket adapters will go on easy. Press them flush then on mock up make sure the cam chain is going to run true <in alignment with lower gear >.

Thanks for this info mountainmotor...!!!

Just dropped off the cams to the machine shop, should get them later today.. :)

I am thinking about changing the ignition timing 4~5°... (advancing) ... has anyone here done this mod? and if so,, how did it work ?

I have 2x Yoshimura SR3 mufflers, shortened to approx 20cm, (yes, its loud),
K&N airfilter, PAIR valves removed, Power commander,

2 years ago, before I shortened the mufflers, it Dyno'ed 164hp, 132Nm..

a friend of mine did this on his gsxr1100, after opening the exhaust and he noticed a difference..

there is a guy in the UK selling this mod, and he (and actually others) claims that it makes a difference in all rpm's,, I read somewhere that this mod added 1hp on a dyno..

83117-factory-pro-ignition-advance-kits-dc_suzuki_gsx1300r_hayabusa_red_w_4_ign_adv_blue_stock_timing.gif

Back