Stock busa! Worth to get TRE?

umairhashmi

Registered
A friend of mine has a gsxr750 and he just put a TRE in it.He has been riding for quite a while and says the bike is a completely different animal now.Would i see any performance gains if i put a TRE in my 2006 busa? The only mod is aftermarket slip ons (yoshi rs3).

The bike will run a bit smoother under 4-5K rpms...a stock bike always wants to cruise a bit faster or
slower at slow speeds. They don't make any more power...most bikes are slower in the 1/4 with
a TRE. It also removes the limiter...ya can go faster than the 186 restriction.

(BA BUSA @ May 22 2007,01:12) The bike will run a bit smoother under 4-5K rpms...a stock bike always wants to cruise a bit faster or slower at slow speeds. They don't make
any more power...most bikes are slower in the 1/4 with a TRE. It also removes the limiter...ya can go faster than the 186 restriction.
So im assuming the throttle will be a lot more sensitive without the limitation? Like ill have to be more careful when getting on the gas hard in 1st or 2nd gear??

(umairhashmi @ May 22 2007,01:22)
(BA BUSA @ May 22 2007,01:12) The bike will run a bit smoother under 4-5K rpms...a stock bike always wants to cruise a bit faster or slower at slow speeds. They don't make
any more power...most bikes are slower in the 1/4 with a TRE. It also removes the limiter...ya can go faster than the 186 restriction.
So im assuming the throttle will be a lot more sensitive without the limitation? Like ill have to be more careful when getting on the gas hard in 1st or 2nd gear??
No it will be smoother...a stock bike likes to chug if ya cruise too slow...or just doesn't want to
maintain a slow pace.

Over 50% throttle the TRE doesn't do anything in gears 1-4.

TRE is one of the most argued mods on a Busa...just don't expect any more power or the bike to be
faster. Ya might be able to do 190 under the right conditions, but how often are ya going past 180  
crazy.gif

I dunno guys.The guy who has the 750 has been riding for yrs and yrs and he swears that his bike is much better after getting the Tre but then again its a 750gsxr not a busa.I guess it depends on the bike then.

My next mod will be a powercommander and a custom map + bmc air filter.Ever since i got the slip ons the bike seems to be a bit off at idle so i know ill benefit from the PC3 and the shop im getting it from is gonna give me the powercommander and the air filter+ dyno tune all installed for 700 cash.

the 750 it works due to the dual throttle body set up, it is a myth that it will work on all busas and if it does it DOES NOT ADD POWER
pc3usb and a real tuner is the real deal

(Johnnycheese @ May 22 2007,04:12) the 750 it works due to the dual throttle body set up, it is a myth that it will work on all busas and if it does it DOES NOT ADD POWER
pc3usb and a real tuner is the real deal
+1 and Johnny Knows  
super.gif

I enabled my GiPro to 5th gear setting this weekend and I didn't notice any difference. I didn't try it in town though.
I haven't tried the 4th or 6th gear settings.

(jetguy @ May 22 2007,05:18) does pc3 remove the speed limiter?  can it help w/ low speed smoothness?
does it remove the speed limiter , no ,

It provides precise information for fine-tuning a fuel-injected motorcycle when changing an air filter , installing a new exhaust system or doing additional engine performance modifications . It includes a built-in microprocessor and a specific map designed to improve engine performance over stock ; Dynojet continuously maps new calibrations for each bike for downloading at their web site (www.powercommander.com)
beerchug.gif

(umairhashmi @ May 22 2007,01:22)
Took mine off the other day just for kicks,,bikes not the same to me ,,starting out in 1st,,now gotta give more gas,,before,,just a bit of twist and off i was,,putting mine back on.

(umairhashmi @ May 22 2007,04:04) A friend of mine has a gsxr750 and he just put a TRE in it.He has been riding for quite a while and says the bike is a completely different animal now.Would i see any performance gains if i put a TRE in my 2006 busa? The only mod is aftermarket slip ons (yoshi rs3).
No, you should be able to run a few hundred RPMs higher in 6th gear.
wink.gif

I had one on my 750 gix too... I had mine as switchable too. And truth to tell... Any percieved changes were mostly in my head after doing some testing with it on and off...

I'm passing on it for the busa til I get the overwhelming need to go 200mph... Which I'm sure will eventually happen, but not just yet. I just don't think it does a whole lot (at least on the 750) to warrant it.

confirmed... installed mine yesterday. I got myself a JSD-3 for $35 shipped (private sale). It sells for $45 new.

In any case it doesn't touch neutral so idle at the light isn't changed.

In any case the bike isn't uncontrollable that one may think. It is however a bit more torquey in 1 thru 3 yet power delivery is still smooth.

Again this isn't a crazy mod that will toss you flying out of your bike but for $40 you can't go wrong (and it de-restrict the top speed limiter as an added bonus).

Back