stock busa no mods fouling plugs

lawrencebigwilly

Registered
i bought this busa with fouled plugs put new ones in ran about five miles ran good started real good but spudered a little warmed it up and ran fine if you rev it when it is cold it spits a little then clears out i cranked it a couple of times without riding and today when i tryed to start it it wouldent start spit and died now all the plugs are wet and fouled tryed to clean them but dident help can someone point me in the right direction:please:

well this is not much to go on at all...

all plugs are fouled?
ran just fine until you went to start it?

I am going to have to guess that it was running dead rich to start with.. 4 bad injectors? pretty unlikely but maybe a bad sensor? Need to look at something that is affecting all cylinders so coils, etc are pretty much out..

I would look to see that the vacuum line to the MAP sensor is connected?? coolant sensor bad? dunno....

Bad fuel might be another option (smell the tank).. exhaust is not restricted? (smashed pipes?)

it is a 04 salvage and it looks like some of the vac lines are not in the right place havent got a manual for the bike yet it ran good with the new plugs but i pulled them after running for a few mins and there black no power comander bone stock and the pipes are like new (stock) there is a sencer that has denso on it but no vac line on it does it need one and i unhooked the vac to the flap in the air box and blocked the line

and the fuel is fresh and it ran till i tryed to start it today then it dident want to start pun new plugs in and it started right up spit and poped for a min then cleared out and ran good?????gas wet not oil

Last edited:
It sound like you need to check all the sensors and vacuum lines!
You can find the manual in the maintenance section of this forum!

Check everything completely!

I believe most of the sensors are Denso. Sounds like the fuel is not being regulated. You could try to plug in vacuum lines that "feel" or reach the sensors. The bike is old enough that the lines have formed to their respective proper places. Until you get a diagram, I would try this method. On another note, there should be a vacuum line diagram, possibly in the tail, under the hump. That is where mine is.........

thanks guys ill check the lines tomorrow its 11:30pm here i better get in bed so i can make it to work or maby ill call in sick and work on it all day the wife says i should be married to the busa :laugh: maby i do spend more time with my bike than i do with her:rofl:

get the part numbers off the sensor you see "not " plugged in..

It should have a single vacuum line going to it.. (full engine manifold vacuum source)

The MAP sensor tells the ECU how much load is on the engine.. it adjust fuel accordingly (rich for high loads, high load = low vacuum)

Normally if everything else is working ok and this sensor is unplugged, it will snort black smoke out the tail pipe on the hit from fuel build up.. This sensor does NOT have a vent or filter on it, just the vacuum line and multiwire connector.. left side image is a Gen2, right one is Gen1

MAP.jpg

Last edited:
Back