Stock 08 dyno run on BAZZAZ Principia

bigjack7679

Registered
So, I was offered a free dyno run from some good guys i know who just opened up their own shop. They just got the new Bazzaz principia dynamometer. I must say Its a sweet looking machine, but the numbers were way lower than dynojet numbers. My Mint condition(15k miles) busa only did 149.5 hp (88.39 ft/lb) on this dyno, but they say its because its rear wheel horsepower is more accurate than dynojet

And, there were 2 other liter bikes there with slightly higher numbers than mines :banghead::banghead::banghead: Also my redline was at 11,000 but the two other bikes were a littler higher. I will be installing my brocks street meg in 2 weeks and tune hopefully a few weeks after that

I know these new bikes are powerful but should they have more HP than my bone stock 08?
Do you think Dynojet numbers are that far off?

My stock 08 149.5 Hp

2011 zx10 akrapovic slipon, catalytic converter delete, ecu unleash, 153hp

2011 bmw, aftermarket slipons,154.8

heres the video from my run. Hard pull starts at 1:18. I will post the Hp/torque map after i scan it in monday.
08 Hayabusa bazzaz dyno run. - YouTube[/url]

Bazzaz dyno
Principia Dynamometer

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are kind a low for sure. New machine huh? maybe thy don't know how to set it yet

Of course BAZZAZ could be trying to get you to buy thier fuel programer.

Those readings are way low... How much tuning experience do these new owners have and how much experience on the new machine do they have.. following the screen prompts doesn't make you a tuner or tester, if setup isn't done right..

Those readings are way low... How much tuning experience do these new owners have and how much experience on the new machine do they have.. following the screen prompts doesn't make you a tuner or tester, if setup isn't done right..

They are very knowledgeable mechanics with over 20 years experience working on and riding track bikes. But this dyno is new to them.
Johnny Chesse is 3 hours away and that's who i will be going to for my tune. The Dyno jet is proven and well respected on the Org. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

All bikes ran that evening HP was low but, I wanted to make sure i didnt have a lemon with the zx10 putting down more rear wheel HP :banghead:

Back