Stinky Gloves...

Now there's an idea..
smile.gif

I use fresh breeze (or something like that) Lysol spray on my sneakers no more foul odors
idea.gif

Wash out your leather gloves in warm mild soapy water, rinse and use a hair dryer to get them dry as possible then let them completely dry out over night. Next, use a leather treatment on them. Repeat when they get stinky again.

Why can't you wash leather? It rains every once in a while over here in Oregon (
wink.gif
) and I can't think of how many times I been soaked to the skin wearing a leather jacket...

And I wore Elk skin (and/or deer skin) gloves that got just as soaked...

Seems to me like you could just turn them inside out and wash them, like you were washing your hands, with some Dial antibacterial soap or something similar.

Just don't force dry them. Dry them at room temperature. They'll be stiff, but as soon as you put them on and start working them they should be just fine.

Why can't you wash leather?  It rains every once in a while over here in Oregon (
wink.gif
)  and I can't think of how many times I been soaked to the skin wearing a leather jacket...

Seems to me like you could just turn them inside out and wash them, like you were washing your hands, with some Dial antibacterial soap or something similar.

Just don't force dry them.  Dry them at room temperature.  They'll be stiff, but as soon as you put them on and start working them they should be just fine.
unfortunately, the Alpinestar GP-Plus aren't easy to flip inside out. I was at one of my local dry cleaner that does leathers and what they're charging was about $40. I asked them why is it about the same price as cleaning a leather jacket and their response was what I suspected... the flipping of the gloves is difficult.

I'll let you all know.  You all can't tell me your gloves don't smell a bit funky after about 5 months or pretty constant wearing.
Use a bag with a good seal or you might end up inventing a new flavor of ice cream  
biggrin.gif
  Funky Chunky Monkey perhaps...
hahahah... But I'm back from trying the freezer approach.  I let it in there overnight till the next afternoon... in a sealed plastic bag so I don't invent some Funky Chunky Monkey flavor throw-up ice cream.  At first I sniffed and sniffed... I smell nothing, but that was right after it came out.  Then after it lost some of the coldness, the slight hint of that funkiness came back.

I just got them out of my "bat cave" as I'm typing this... And yes, I can smell some more of that funkiness.

So I guess either those bacterias got themselves some thermal coats, or they came back to life.

I guess there's really no "clean" way around it.
Maybe dead rotting bacteria now?

Why can't you wash leather?  It rains every once in a while over here in Oregon (
wink.gif
)  and I can't think of how many times I been soaked to the skin wearing a leather jacket...

Just don't force dry them.  Dry them at room temperature.  They'll be stiff, but as soon as you put them on and start working them they should be just fine.
unfortunately, the Alpinestar GP-Plus aren't easy to flip inside out.  I was at one of my local dry cleaner that does leathers and what they're charging was about $40.  I asked them why is it about the same price as cleaning a leather jacket and their response was what I suspected... the flipping of the gloves is difficult.
Man, I must like this post
tounge.gif
I'm not buying their answer. All they are doing is agitating them in a solvent instead of water. They don't need to be turned inside out, just dryed.

Back