Still wanna run from cops?

yeah the CHP choppers won't go much past 145-150. he was probaly going about 120 not to fast
biggrin.gif

I may get speeding tickets but I NEVER run from the cops.   Plus I never run that kind of speed in traffic, only at the track or in the boonies. Endangering other people or property is not my thing. I just pull over. Sometimes I get off with a warning, sometimes I beat the ticket, and sometimes I do traffic school. But I have never even had a point on my record, ever.

Gear??  That guy was hardley wearing enough gear.  Looked like he only had socks on after the crash.  Funny how tennis shoes just fly right off.  

I don't feel sorry for that loser, I feel sorry for the guy he rammed into.  Hopefully car driver didn't get any back or neck injuries.  The car driver was the victim.

(nicholonious @ Jun. 18 2007,00:30) CHP doesn't do quotas.
If CHP doesn't do quotas then I know of a CHP officer that just loves to give tickets then. He gave me 2 in the course of a week. One on Mon for my plate being mounted on the swingarm, then another on Thurs for turn signals. So if its not a quotas then he is just a bobo.
I have a top gun undertail, so I dont understand the no blinkers ticket, as for the swing arm tag relocator, I now have one for the passenger peg.

(BigSimp @ Jun. 18 2007,14:36)
(nicholonious @ Jun. 18 2007,00:30) CHP doesn't do quotas.
If CHP doesn't do quotas then I know of a CHP officer that just loves to give tickets then.  He gave me 2  in the course of a week.  One on Mon for my plate being mounted on the swingarm, then another on Thurs for turn signals.  So if its not a quotas then he is just a bobo.  
I have a top gun undertail, so I dont understand the no blinkers ticket, as for the swing arm tag relocator, I now have  one for the passenger peg.
Dude,
why be mad at the cop for enforcing the laws on the books?

You knew the plate and turn signals were a risk for a ticket.
Blame yourself or your lawmakers.

Now if the cop acts as an a$$hole, then be pissed at the cop. But not for just giving you a ticket.

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 18 2007,16:07) Dude,

Now if the cop acts as an a$$hole, then be pissed at the cop. But not for just giving you a ticket.
How is one to know the plate and turn signals were at risk of a ticket, the plate had a light and was displayed and the turn signals are in the undertail. Plus as I said before, the stops were on 2 different days, when he stopped me for the plate he never said anything about the turn signals and then 3 days later he pulls me over for turn signals. I mean it just seems like he was writing tickets for writing tickets sake. If he was trying to enforce the law he could have warned me during the first stop. By the way I took the bike to a sheriff station to get the bike inspected and tickets signed of and the inspecting officer even said that the citing officer was being an A$$. I am typically pro law enforcement, but lately it just seems like CHP has been singling out sport bike riders.

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 18 2007,14:23) I may get speeding tickets but I NEVER run from the cops. Plus I never run that kind of speed in traffic, only at the track or in the boonies. Endangering other people or property is not my thing. I just pull over. Sometimes I get off with a warning, sometimes I beat the ticket, and sometimes I do traffic school. But I have never even had a point on my record, ever.

Gear?? That guy was hardley wearing enough gear. Looked like he only had socks on after the crash. Funny how tennis shoes just fly right off.

I don't feel sorry for that loser, I feel sorry for the guy he rammed into. Hopefully car driver didn't get any back or neck injuries. The car driver was the victim.
Amen on the gear- he wasn't going very fast when he hit the car. Yeah, it sucked, but he wasn't going 120 when he hit like earlier... or he would have been a Darwin Award candidate. With any luck at the speed his nuts hit the tank he won't be capable of reproducing...
laugh.gif

(BigSimp @ Jun. 18 2007,16:25)
(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 18 2007,16:07) Dude,

Now if the cop acts as an a$$hole, then be pissed at the cop.  But not for just giving you a ticket.
How is one to know the plate and turn signals were at risk of a ticket, the plate had a light and was displayed and the turn signals are in the undertail.  Plus as I said before, the stops were on 2 different days, when he stopped me for the plate he never said anything about the turn signals and then 3 days later he pulls me over for turn signals.  I mean it just seems like he was writing tickets for writing tickets sake.  If he was trying to enforce the law he could have warned me during the first stop.  By the way I took the bike to a sheriff station to get the bike inspected and  tickets signed of and the inspecting officer even said that the citing officer was being an A$$.  I am typically pro law enforcement, but lately it just seems like CHP has been singling out sport bike riders.
I think that is messed up that the cop didn't warn you or ticket you for both during the first stop.

In California, if you modify your bike at all, you are risking a ticket.

The moral of the story: IF you're gonna run from the cops/helicopter on the freeway... you better be going over 150!

But, yeah... that guy had it coming. I'd never run from the cops if we both knew I saw their lights.

(PaNDeM1C @ Jun. 19 2007,02:49) The moral of the story: IF you're gonna run from the cops/helicopter on the freeway... you better be going over 150!

But, yeah... that guy had it coming. I'd never run from the cops if we both knew I saw their lights.
Or take it to the airport
laugh.gif
restricted airspace
SHOCKED.gif

I learned that from the movie "Speed".

But I'd never run. I just know that if I was speeding on the highway at say over 100mph and saw a cop on the side of the road that I'd gun the gas and then look for a close exit... and if I didn't see one right away then I'd just slow down and pull over IF he was coming for me.

I'd never takes cops for a run... because nothing good would ever come out of that. In other words, I'd try to run just as long as it looked to the cops that I wasn't. And IF a cop immediately lit up the lights as I passed him, I'd immediately slow down and pull over... to let him know I respect him and the law. But I'd be pissed if the cop was a d1ck and didn't at least show me some kind of respect for respecting him by pulling over quickly.

(dadofthree @ Jun. 19 2007,02:10) I was kidding, while making fun of a segment of members. I R 1  
wow.gif
I know lol
biggrin.gif

Personally, I always thought a parking garage would be a good place to ditch.

But I still think It'd be a blast to get into a police chase on the Busa... if it was guaranteed that nobody would get hurt and that I wouldn't go to jail. That'll never happen so I guess I'll never get to live out a certain fantasy....

(PaNDeM1C @ Jun. 19 2007,03:24)
(dadofthree @ Jun. 19 2007,02:10) I was kidding, while making fun of a segment of members. I R 1
wow.gif
I know lol
biggrin.gif

Personally, I always thought a parking garage would be a good place to ditch.

But I still think It'd be a blast to get into a police chase on the Busa... if it was guaranteed that nobody would get hurt and that I wouldn't go to jail. That'll never happen so I guess I'll never get to live out a certain fantasy....
I agree or even the one at home. That would be even better.
laugh.gif

What a squid!! That dude had it coming. Now he's a felon. I hope that dude in the car was alright. He didn't look to happy about getting rear ended.

(BusaCruise @ Jun. 18 2007,01:35) clearly he lost focus of the task at hand....
all_coholic.gif
Or was sending a txt message
laugh.gif

As for all of the coverage up to that point, were the cops ever looking to bust him? Or was the chopper cam guy just a sport bike fan? Odd.

BUSAFETT

Back