Still No Power

Htown Busa

Registered
I am still without power but I have gotten my internet back up. I am surviving off a generator. You don't realize how much you rely on something until it is gone. I have survived a major earthquake and now a hurricane. Give me an earthquake anyday. I rode the Busa once for a short ride but felt guilty out riding when some are suffering. Plus, with no street lights, it is dangerous.

I am still without power but I have gotten my internet back up. I am surviving off a generator. You don't realize how much you rely on something until it is gone. I have survived a major earthquake and now a hurricane. Give me an earthquake anyday. I rode the Busa once for a short ride but felt guilty out riding when some are suffering. Plus, with no street lights, it is dangerous.

well... i made it through ike! i live in woodlands area which got hit hard. i just got my water pressure back but no lites yet and i am at work now and finally the internet working today and that is how i was able to use it.
they are saying the lites around woodlands and conroe is going to be a while, we are talking couple of weeks before they come back on.
90 miles wind gust to 100 was very scary saturday morning, that wind last till around 9 am!
my house is ok except flying shingles!!! lost bunch of those.
overall i am lucky it was not worse than that. some areas in south and east of houston including galveston got the worse of it.

Shawnski, glad to hear you are okay. I live in Spring. I'm glad I took this hurricane seriously and prepared (not like Rita). I am without power but hear there are some without power, water, and sewage. I can live without power, but no water would be tough. Keep your head up.

Shawnski, glad to hear you are okay. I live in Spring. I'm glad I took this hurricane seriously and prepared (not like Rita). I am without power but hear there are some without power, water, and sewage. I can live without power, but no water would be tough. Keep your head up.

thanks man, glad you are ok too. i live by sawdust rd and grogan mills. thank god for cool front. keeps the temp. and the humidity down.
what part of spring you live?

Man good to see some of you H-Town Peeps posting glad you fellas are ok if you need anything let us know or if on the weekend you want to come up to Austin I have a spare room any of you guys are welcome to if you need to come up and get some stuff to take back down.

Man good to see some of you H-Town Peeps posting glad you fellas are ok if you need anything let us know or if on the weekend you want to come up to Austin I have a spare room any of you guys are welcome to if you need to come up and get some stuff to take back down.

thanks for your offer. i manage for now and see what happens to lite situation. i had to drive 25 miles to get me some food, hooters by willow brook mall in northwest was open! the biggest challenge is alot of grocery stores and restuarant are closed and the ones that open are long long lines.

concern about "cerberus" memeber here that lives in conroe and that area got hit hard. hope he is ok and we can hear from him soon.

Last edited:
thanks man, glad you are ok too. i live by sawdust rd and grogan mills. thank god for cool front. keeps the temp. and the humidity down.
what part of spring you live?

I live Louetta and Steubner-Airline. BTW, the walmart on 249 and Spring Cypress is open. They are not selling meat but they do have milk and bread as well as other essentials. No water though.

Glad you guys made it through. Hopefully it won't take too long to recover.

Back