Still need kickstand mod on a Gen 2?

Do it before it falls over like mine did. :banghead::banghead::banghead: She's been naked for a while, but will get some new ones soon.

Did mine. If yours isnt modded properly I would suggest never let it sit and idle in neutrel and always park it in first gear. A drop off the kickstand for a GENII will cost you over a grand in new body parts.

It seemed that my 09 leaned over more and was more stable on the stand. I did not modify mone, but my friend has his really low and we had to do it on his

'06 36K miles, '08 26K miles, never modded the stands and dropped the '06 1 1/2" up front and 2" in the rear. The bike almost sat straight up and down. Park wisely and fully engage the kickstand and you'll be just fine. Like stated many times before park it in gear.

I thought the fix this issue for the 2nd gen bikes and I didn't do the mod on time, yes i drop my 2013 busa, thank god i had t-rex sliders and the damage was nothing but the slider getting scratched ;)

'06 36K miles, '08 26K miles, never modded the stands and dropped the '06 1 1/2" up front and 2" in the rear. The bike almost sat straight up and down. Park wisely and fully engage the kickstand and you'll be just fine. Like stated many times before park it in gear.

I thought the fix this issue for the 2nd gen bikes and I didn't do the mod on time, yes i drop my 2013 busa, thank god i had t-rex sliders and the damage was nothing but the slider getting scratched ;)

'08 40K miles. Suzuki doesn't park the bike for ya brother. Glad you didn't damage anything.

I never bothered Busa or Strom... use caution , always check for full foreward extension, "double tap", don't park in mush or on hot blacktop, never park downhill... 25000 on the Busa and 55000 on the strom, no kickstand issues.

No issues on the Gen-II. I think mine leans just fine.

For those not familiar:

busa-stand.jpg

busa-stand.jpg

Jeff, just be careful. That is the side stand I have. I don't know if it is less stable than the stock stand but something has been telling me "be extra careful " after I installed it. It still fell. twice! Never again will I start the bike unless I am standing right next to it or sitting atop. That is a very sleak, sexy lookin stand though. Good price and strong even at full extension. That small foot ....makes me leery.

Jeff, just be careful. That is the side stand I have. I don't know if it is less stable than the stock stand but something has been telling me "be extra careful " after I installed it. It still fell. twice! Never again will I start the bike unless I am standing right next to it or sitting atop. That is a very sleak, sexy lookin stand though. Good price and strong even at full extension. That small foot ....makes me leery.

Will do bro,my '03 went down twice(and those side panels[and clutch levers]get expensive at $500 a pop)so i either leave it in gear now when i kill it or make damned sure if it's gonna roll it'll be backwards instead of forward.:laugh:I did mod my stock stand on my 2011 but after lowering it went with this adjustable unit to get a little more lean.

I think i'm going to just carry a small chock made of a block of wood. paint it black. slide it under the rear tire. the gearbox might just have enough play to let that baby roll off the stand from full lock...also going to look at grinding my T-rex a bit like the stock kickstand mod. prolly grind out a chunk of aluminum drill and tap threads in the T-rex foot and bolt the broader, flatter foot on the tip. Mine does not sit flat. sort of contacts on the back edge of the foot only----not level. <<<that right there is enough to encourage the bike to roll forward so the foot will stand flat. be careful there,Jeff, if what i am describing sounds like what yours does.

T-rex for busa
trexweight_zps1a88b203.jpg

OEM busa sidestand
OEMkstndwght.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's the same way,rests on the back edge of the foot only rather than flush on the full surface(looks like i have some grindin' to do).

Back