Still having trouble

BigCorySBFMC707

Registered
About a month ago I posted up that I was having problems with my power commander install. After it was installed, my fi light kept coming on after about 10 mins of riding or if I ripped the throttle. I got a lot of feed back and tried all of them. I sent the power commander back and got a new one. I had the first guy map it and it didnt go away, I had a complete other guy map it and it runs awesome but the light still comes on and when it does, the bike runs very rough. So does any one that has a 2005 Busa that has had this same trouble have an answer for me. What can or should I do besides getting rid of the PC. When the pc is not installed , the bike runs perfect and the light does not come on.

I have not installed mine yet. But read the other night about reseting or zeroing the throttle position sensor when installing. Don't know what it would do for you. Sorry I just know how to ride em fast.

What are your mods? Year of bike?
rock.gif

Just recalled it was for the USB version. Need a computter hooked to it for reset or zero.

I have not installed mine yet. But read the other night about reseting or zeroing the throttle position sensor when installing. Don't know what it would do for you. Sorry I just know how to ride em fast.
i asked both guys that mapped it and they said that it doesnt have to be reset when you install the power commander. If you have it, where did you read that? I am going to have them try to pull a code when the light goes on again when I have a day off to bring it back into the shop.

THIS IS COPYED AND PASTE OF WHAT I READ. DONT KNOW IF IT HELPS.

Just remember to hook it up to a 'puter and make sure the throttle position sensor is reset. Other than that, the install is a breeze. Make sure you look at the directions though. You have one wire to go to the battery. This wire is a ground wire, dont make the mistake and assume that its a power lead. That would suck.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142105599 -->

THIS IS COPYED AND PASTE OF WHAT I READ. DONT KNOW IF IT HELPS.

Just remember to hook it up to a 'puter and make sure the throttle position sensor is reset. Other  than that, the install is a breeze. Make sure you look at the directions though. You have one wire to go to the battery. This wire is a ground wire, dont make the mistake and assume that its a power lead. That would suck.
thanks, I read it and pm'd him to ask him if he did it yet and what his results are.

Sounds to me like a loose connector or maybe a bad ground. Go over all of the plugs in combination with the PC and make sure everything is snug.

Makes sense if it runs fine until you goose it....
wink.gif

Sounds to me like a loose connector or maybe a bad ground.  Go over all of the plugs in combination with the PC and make sure everything is snug.

Makes sense if it runs fine until you goose it....
wink.gif
I will do that again, the lights goes on regardless if I goose it or not. It just comes on right away if I goose , otherwise usually 10 mins after I am doing normal riding, the light comes on

thanks for all the advice, so i will start by checking out the connections, checking the air box, and if that doesnt work, try to pull a code and see what that says if the light still comes on. If that fails, I have a power commander for sale, lol

thanks for all the advice, so i will start by checking out the connections, checking the air box, and if that doesnt work, try to pull a code and see what that says if the light still comes on. If that fails, I have a power commander for sale, lol
Thats why I went with the Cobra FI2000R pc instead. I heard too many stories about the niggling probs with the PCIII's....not to mention the constant searches/begging/pleading for the perfect map. And all the puter' time to set it up. The Cobra plugs in, uses your stock map, comes ready to go, and works awesome. No laptop needed. It made my bike feel like a hot rod......much sharper/stronger all through the rev range with a very noticeable snap off idle
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

... some people say canceling the exhaust sensor will solve this problem , but really dunno is this works or is this a right movement .

My recommendation, even thought it will be a little expensive is to have your scoot run on a dyno. That way the PC will get dialed in, and the tuner should be able to troubleshoot the FI light and throttle response while in process.

Back