Stiff steering

Sounds like pooched steering head bearings to me...
It's all to easy to assume it's the bearings . . hey, it may very well be, but there is a scientific approach to take and that proves to be the most reliable method of diagnosis . . . check and rule out one by one every component in the front end including cables/hoses that may be fouling, and don't forget to check wheel alignment and chassis/swingarm alignment, considering it has those hideous lengthening blocks added. :banghead:

It's all to easy to assume it's the bearings . . hey, it may very well be, but there is a scientific approach to take and that proves to be the most reliable method of diagnosis . . . check and rule out one by one every component in the front end including cables/hoses that may be fouling, and don't forget to check wheel alignment and chassis/swingarm alignment, considering it has those hideous lengthening blocks added. :banghead:

I might just be an old back yard mechanic but if this were my bike, I'd be getting the front tire in the air and check to see if the bearings have a centering spot or are over torqued. At the same time he would notice if a cable or something is binding. The OP mentioned he feels a "bump" in the middle when he moves the bars left to right.

Scientific approach?? I picture you surrounded by beakers and Bunsen burners now...

Last edited:
Back