Stickiest?

oh just plan on owning a tire machine soon :) the above mentioned models are good for a track weekend or a weekend in the mountains running hard . Personally destroyed the Dunlops in 700 miles in two days . No burn outs were done .
But in all fairness this is c10 :firing:,I seen what u did to the road 5 in the mountains... seriously tho how many miles are you getting from the road 5s cause I am about to put a set of q3+ on mine and while I know I ride nowhere near your level and I know they are gonna be short on life I don't want them gone im under 1k miles

But in all fairness this is c10 :firing:,I seen what u did to the road 5 in the mountains... seriously tho how many miles are you getting from the road 5s cause I am about to put a set of q3+ on mine and while I know I ride nowhere near your level and I know they are gonna be short on life I don't want them gone im under 1k miles
I still have that same road 5 on from the mountains in May . current millage is about 6900 miles . It will probably make 8000 before its done .

I still have that same road 5 on from the mountains in May . current millage is about 6900 miles . It will probably make 8000 before its done .
iam on 10 000 miles on the pilot road 2 right now .need a change soon. (I dont go too hard on them but I also dont baby em...)!

Reactions: c10
Pirelli Super Corsa's
Michelin Power RS
Dunlop Q3/4
+1 on the Super Corsa. They are expensive and they don't last long but that is the most confidence inspiring tire I have used. Get the 200/55/17 for a vast difference in turn in. You will be shocked if you have only felt the handling of the stock tire.

Bridgestone RS10 are the gumballs I choose , but any of the companies top line sport tire should be very good . Said it before , we are spoiled for choice more than ever before .
I have brand new RS10s on the 14 right now and IMO they do not feel as soft as the Super Corsas do----at least not on the center compound. I have a buddy who is a very skilled street sport rider and he loves RS10s as much as the Super Corsas he used. The RS10 rear has a rounder profile than a Super Corsa even in the 200/55 size. Should work very well if you can wear the sides quicker than the center like my buddy does but the Pirellis have that edgy profile right out of the mold and that works best for me.

Why settle for sticky only when you can have sticky and longevity?
You might get that with the RS10 because of the harder center tread. If your looking for traction even in a straight line, I think the Super Corsa or some other very track oriented tire will have more of that to offer. Be ready to buy a new set soon though. I get about 6000 miles on soft tires and that is a LOT more than most do on race rubber.

what are known as some of the stickiest tires that are street legal?
Super Corsas are the same tire as the full on racing, non-DOT approved slick, Superbike Pros. Super Corsas just have a few sipes in the tread. I believe the same is true of the Metzler Racetech RR CompK Slick and the DOT approved Metzler Raceteck RR. I have the CompK slick on my busa now and it's as good as the SuperCorsa perhaps with just a bit smaller side contact patch.

You can have race tires that are street legal. They make them. IMHO some DOT tires are the same as a slick made by the same company but they put sipes on the the DOT tire to make them safer for street riding. The slick is usually a bit cheaper than the DOT counterpart. Companies don't want to encourage or endorse use of their slicks on the street but some slicks are the same compound as street tires IMHO.

Last edited:
You can have race tires that are street legal. They make them. IMHO some DOT tires are the same as the slick made by the same company but they put sipes on them to make them safer for street riding. they just don't tell you that.
...perhaps because the slicks are normally a little cheaper than the DOT tires and if it were to be made public that some slicks are the same as the DOT counterpart, it would be like endorsing riding slicks on the street.

Check out my recent thread SLICKS FOR STREET TIRES

Why settle for sticky only when you can have sticky and longevity?

After reading your review was very curious to try it myself. Coincidentally found a too good to be true set. Since installing there's never been more rain here while I've been out riding then with any other tire. It really does perform wet/dry. Unfortunately there's not much longevity for my style of riding to justify the higher costs.

After reading your review was very curious to try it myself. Coincidentally found a too good to be true set. Since installing there's never been more rain here while I've been out riding then with any other tire. It really does perform wet/dry. Unfortunately there's not much longevity for my style of riding to justify the higher costs.

How hard are you pushing that bike? With daily commuting and frequent mountain trips, I got high mileage out of a set.

How hard are you pushing that bike? With daily commuting and frequent mountain trips, I got high mileage out of a set.

Street riding, some canyon, lots of mountain riding. One track day (not a very open course). . From what you and others are using for air I'm probably using abut 10-12% less. It's like you say and I really like it. But after I got the set no more were available from that seller the reason it was too good to be true. Soon after the prices elswhere were generally around 40% higher. I'm not going away from it, just going to shop it when prices cool off.

Just to reemphasis, I have never been through more rain on any other tire then these. Not planned, just out of nowhere situations it's very planted.

Installed 5/3/19 41683 miles
Picture from today at 45539 miles just over 3800 miles and it's at the limit where I prefer to replace , maybe another 500 miles to go. Unfortnately have to replace in preparation for a long road trip.

wear bar.jpg

I have brand new RS10s on the 14 right now and IMO they do not feel as soft as the Super Corsas do----at least not on the center compound. I have a buddy who is a very skilled street sport rider and he loves RS10s as much as the Super Corsas he used. The RS10 rear has a rounder profile than a Super Corsa even in the 200/55 size. Should work very well if you can wear the sides quicker than the center like my buddy does but the Pirellis have that edgy profile right out of the mold and that works best for me.
Yeah I run the 200/55 rear (6.25") , and like your mate , find these RS10 tires super sticky on the edges (once heated up) and the middle I am not fussed about soft compound , but find them good there anyway .
I am wearing my edges pretty well compared to middle section , because I ride mostly in surrounding hills from my location luckily .
I have found the Pirelli Super Corsa tires not as nice a profile compared to RS10 , but that would be down to personal preference for my style of riding , but I also found they say 200/55 but is actually 193mm across , whereas the RS10 is a full 200mm . The 200/60 Pirelli I am not familiar with , but they are said to be huge full size + , and have seen one pic on here ( org. ) on a Gen 2 and it looked crazy .

+1 on the Super Corsa. They are expensive and they don't last long but that is the most confidence inspiring tire I have used. Get the 200/55/17 for a vast difference in turn in. You will be shocked if you have only felt the handling of the stock tire.
I used the 200/55 and i totally agree with your comment, 2500kms and done

Back