stg 1 with ulltra plenum

LeDauz

Registered
has any added a plenum to the stg 1rcc kit?

am wanting to intercooler mine and not sure how this would work or if it would be worth the $2300 plenun on a stg 1.

IMO would be a little pointless unless you have a built motor and are running wide open for a few miles or so. And if you were running wide open for a decent amount youd have other issues pop up even if you were intercooled.

Depends on your boost levels and resultant heat of compression

I realy don't think there is much advantage below 10 psi , however if you want to intercool and turn it up , then as long as you have supporting motor mods its a very good thing :)

assuming motor mods, i hear boost numbers like that on pump with the RCC Ultra
But for extended WOT like landspeed has i use the best fuel available and tune for it , its the cheapest motor insurance there is

u can run more on pump but ur stock botton end may not approve

We typically run 18 pounds of boost on pump with the Ultra Plenum - for most Stage Ones, that would be somewhere around 360-375 rear wheel horsepower . . . with NO timing pulled. I run mine at 20 pounds on 93 octane - it makes over 400 with a GT35.:laugh:

What are your plans for the bike?

Like others have said 17-18psi all day on 93-pump gas.

It's going to cost you a lot more than $2,300,....try closer to $3,700!

You need the plenum, water pump, heat exchanger, etc. when it's all said and done... ;)

What are your plans for the bike?

Like others have said 17-18psi all day on 93-pump gas.

It's going to cost you a lot more than $2,300,....try closer to $3,700!

You need the plenum, water pump, heat exchanger, etc. when it's all said and done... ;)
more like $8000-9000 considering the motor build and tune.

How many psi can you run on a stg1 Gen1 before you need secondaries?

All depends on setup, with a 6:1 FMU with stock injectors at 9 lbs you are getting very close to 100 psi fuel pressure at full boost. Now if you go with larger injectors, 1:1 Regulator and PC5 with GM 3 Bar setup you could probably easily tune up to 18 lbs boost on pump gas if using a Ultra plenum setup and engine is built to handle the boost. A guy I know went with 62 lb injectors in a billet fuel rail from RCC and running 15 psi on C-16 race fuel for racing because he does not have an Ultra Setup, no secondaries.

plenum is $2300, everthing else is more. And was thinking of as much boost as I can on pump then some lsr. so far piston, studs, spacer, and basic stuff. another 10k doesn't seem bad for the extra boost.

plenum is $2300, everthing else is more. And was thinking of as much boost as I can on pump then some lsr. so far piston, studs, spacer, and basic stuff. another 10k doesn't seem bad for the extra boost.

The plenum won't do anything for you without the other stuff so $3,700 is the real cost to make it work. ;)

Also, if you plan to get serious and do it right,...whatever you think it's going to cost you go ahead and add 50% or just double the price to be safe. It's a blast when you finally get it all done... :beerchug:

Back