Stem Stands

bigoltool

Registered
Does anyone know of a stem stand that will work on the Hayabusa without an asterisk? By that I mean without hitting or intruding with anything or having to pull the fender or? Pit Bull website says theirs is a tight fit. Others say that they wont wok on the Busa at all. I have seen screen shots of the Pitbull stand on a Busa so they must work but is there anything to know before dropping a few hundred bucks on a stem stand? I really want to pull my forks this winter and re-spring em and a Stem stand would seem to be the best solution. I have Looked at Pit-bull(seems pricey but built like a brick S__T house), T-Rex (good price, seems to be built pretty decent also) and Powerstands(pricey also seems to be built pretty decent). I am sure there are others but I want one that will be turn key. Can anyone elaborate on what measures were necessary or sketchy about using a particular stand. Any thoughts?

Sorry the Search aint working or I would have gone that route.

pit bull is the best you can get and I know they work great because I use one everytime I work on my busa or anyone elses. They are worth the money.

When your ready to get one just let me know and Ill get you the best deal I can.

Josh

Ryders Connection

The pit bull stand worked fine for me. The one I have is no longer available but the new one is similar. The fit is extremly tight, meaning it hits and pushes up slightly on the nose. It didn't scratch or damage anything but it did touch.

102_0290.JPG

The pit bull stand worked fine for me.  The one I have is no longer available but the new one is similar.  The fit is extremly tight, meaning it hits and pushes up slightly on the nose.  It didn't scratch or damage anything but it did touch.
Thats what I was talking about. I want "0" contact with the bodyowrk if possible. Thanks for the pic.

The Pit Bull is a TIGHT fit between the fender and fairing, sometimes just a gentle pull up under the fairing with your hand is enough to get the stand in comfortably.

It seems shaky going up, but it has never been a problem and seems very secure once on the stand.

I guess I have the new generation front Pit Bull, if I put my fingers around the lifting pin and SLOWLY bring it back to the triple tree hole and insert it...there is no body contact at all...if you touch the body, you are going too fast or being sloppy! It's a wonderful stand and I recommend you buy it from the above volunteering vendor! Raydog

Does the ride height of the bike have anything to do with the ingress/egress of the pin? Mine is about as high as it can go(Max Preload) and will most likely even set higher once I get new springs in it to correct static sag. I know a lot of guys lower the front just wondering if this is part of the issue? Thanks for all the input!
ThumbsUp.gif

I have Race Tech front forks with 1.o springs (and raised 1" in rear with Race Tech rear shock) so my bike is suspended very tall and the Pit Bull's are perfect...front and rear!
Raydog

front_fork_swap010.JPG

pit bull is the best you can get and I know they work great because I use one everytime I work on my busa or anyone elses. They are worth the money.

When your ready to get one just let me know and Ill get you the best deal I can.

Josh

Ryders Connection
I AM INTERESTED IN THE PITBULL STANDS. WONDER IF THE STEM MOUNT WILL WORK ON THE 08 BUSA? IF NOT ALWAYS THE FORKLIFT.

Back