steering head

map

Registered
Does someone know off hand what size the steering steam head nut is? Gold 6 pointed nut center of triple tree. Stock 06.
Thanks

If I remember correctly you can use a 32mm socket for it

Yes it is a 32mm thank you for the reply.
Installed an Adaptiv accessory mount for mounting my iPhone. Was hoping to try it out but not a fan of riding in 40degree rain. Maybe tomorrow.

image-3589600534.jpg

image-3589600534.jpg

Why do you need to know? (curiosity)

Since the OP's all set ill share a story. Back in 07, the 1st season on my busa, a friend and I had a short blast up a through way. I got up to 120 or so and backed off to head into a higher traffic area. As I slowed down I noticed a rattling noise in the front end. After a bit of lookin around I noticed that the stem nut was gone and had somehow landed in the little pocket between the dash and the windshield, just ahead of the gauges. I have no idea how it managed that or even came loose for that matter, but i grabbed it and reinstalled it. To this day its the oddest thing I've ever experienced in motorcycleing.

Well hope that doesn't happen. The factory nut is torqued to 66ftlbs. Instructions called for 70% of manufactures torque so it got torqued to 42ftlbs. I will deffinatly retorque after a few miles.

Heres a thought. Put the iphone in ur pocket and enjoy blasting down the road on 170 horses. Im sure it will make ur day better.

Since the OP's all set ill share a story. Back in 07, the 1st season on my busa, a friend and I had a short blast up a through way. I got up to 120 or so and backed off to head into a higher traffic area. As I slowed down I noticed a rattling noise in the front end. After a bit of lookin around I noticed that the stem nut was gone and had somehow landed in the little pocket between the dash and the windshield, just ahead of the gauges. I have no idea how it managed that or even came loose for that matter, but i grabbed it and reinstalled it. To this day its the oddest thing I've ever experienced in motorcycleing.

Wow, that's scary! I don't like the way the bottom of the bearing shaft is just pressed into the bottom triple tree (rather have a pin down there) anyways, regardless of good torque specs, I can't imagine anything related to the fork assembly WITHOUT LocTite on the threads! I think that Busa's front ends need constant TLC, especially if ridden hard (power wheelies, brakies, trackdays, etc.). Fork tube clamps, brake calipers, top nut, axle clamps....get some juice on those threads! (I know I'm preaching to the choir to many). Doyle

Back