steering damper

motorsharx

Registered
Im in the process of getting a steering damper for my 00 busa are there any direct bolt on replacments (factory location) or will I have to go with a unit that sits in front of the tank? any suggestions???

...welcome to the board!!

Any aftermarket steering damper that you get should have the stock mounting!! Which ones are you planning to buy
rock.gif

I have a scotts damper on my yz450, so I bought just the mounting hardware for my busa figured I could share the damper itself between bikes. NO! The scotts requires a good deal of disasembly and aftermarket clip ons final product not so good looking.So that took scotts out. The others I am looking at are hyperpro, and ohlins. I think the ohlins fits in the stock location but the dealer said he would need to get back to me but the cost is a bit steep. Hyperpro I think sits right in front of the gas tank but not sure. I was hoping someone on the board has tried aftermarket and could give some advise.

I like the Ohlins line... Dampner, Rear Suspension, Forks... But it is prefercence... I read up, ask stupid questions, got morons to reply and then others who know what their doing or been their done that... and decided on Ohlins all the way...

try changing the oil in your stocker to 90 weight
I thought about doing this also, read it over on sh.org.
How does the bike handle afterwards?
Is it tough to manuever (sp?) in parking lots?
it's an absolute MUST do....and it makes very little difference when making slow speed moves.
I used a funnel over the top of mine....the hole fit tightly over hole for the set screw.
Holding the dampner in a vise...slowly work the dampner rod back and forth until ALL bubles stop coming up.....there will be lots if really tiny ones to watch for. I worked mine for a bout 10 minutes to be sure.
There are other methods people have....but this is the one I used and it allowed me to visually check the fuild before replaceing the torx screw.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116846802 -->

Back