Steering damper

busakidaz

Registered
My Steering damper moves up and down a little, but the bolts are to torque spec. Is it suppose to be like that?

Should not move up and down on the mounting bolts, you should be able to twist it some, it is ball mounted to turn.

A small amount of up and down play is normal, within a few thousandths of an inch...Provided it was installed correctly. There are heim joints on the ends that should be inspected periodically, as well as cleaning off the piston rod (road dirt wreaks havoc on the seals if this is neglected), and checking the seals for leaks.

Possibly you are feeling the damper swiveling on the heim joints.

Last edited:
A small amount of up and down play is normal, within a few thousandths of an inch...Provided it was installed correctly. There are heim joints on the ends that should be inspected periodically, as well as cleaning off the piston rod (road dirt wreaks havoc on the seals if this is neglected), and checking the seals for leaks.

Possibly you are feeling the damper swiveling on the heim joints.

:thumbsup:

Mine does same durn thing. I was wiping the area dry one day and the thing moved in my hand. 20 min later after taking the plastic piece off that covers it and checking the bolt I saw it was tight. I thought something is wrong , bolt is tight but damper still moves up and down. I rode slow for two days???thinking it was fixin to fall off or something. The mech at the stealer said its normal. I also wiggled four other Busa dampers on the show room floor just to make sure. :welcome: All the same .

Back