Steering Damper Question

BanditKing

Registered
Hey,

I'm new to the board, and am seriously thinking of putting some coin down on an '05 Hayabusa.

I've got 3 years riding experience on a Gixxer 750, been to the track for advanced rider training twice, test drove the 'Busa twice (and LOVED it!)....

...but does it have or need a steering damper? I installed a Scotts rotary damper on my Gixxer, and can't imagine riding it hard without one. Aren't all bikes safer with dampers installed?

Sorry if this question has already been posted, but i didn't know how to run a search of the message boards yet.

thanks

welcome to the board.the busa has already got a damper onit.and works fine but i do believe you can put your own onit if you want to.

Yep, my 05 Busa has a steering damper already. Look between the forks under the gauge cluster, you will see it.

Thanks for the heads-up!!! I guess i should have checked for it on the test drives:blush:

Since it has a damper, looks like there's no reason to hold back now!!! Heading over to the dealership after work. I'll post some pic's a soon as i've got it on the road.
biggrin.gif

Wonder if the Ohlins damper would make much of a difference for street use?

Back