Steering damper mod

I've gotta do this. I experienced a high speed wobble the other day. thanks for the info
beerchug.gif

Professor - I'd love to have a full-size pdf of that chart, if you have one.

I did this mod this week, using 85-140 synthetic gear oil because that's all I had handy. Also used a 3cc syringe to fill the damper with no problems.

225 mile ride yesterday in the twisties (Yeah, it wore me out!) and loved the way the bike felt - very solid and planted. (Could be that I'm learning how to ride? Naaaa....)

biggrin.gif

The chart came from here.

Here is another that has a bit different look to it.

I don't have anything bigger, but have seen one hanging one the walls in one of the labs I support.

hmm... might have to try this mod, thanks for the wealth of knowledge here
beerchug.gif

(Professor @ Jun. 25 2007,13:32) The chart came from here.

Here is another that has a bit different look to it.

I don't have anything bigger, but have seen one hanging one the walls in one of the labs I support.
Thanks!

For some reason the BITOG link didn't work for me (even though I'm a member). But the second link worked well, I now have my pdf.

beerchug.gif

just did it used mobil1 75/140 test drove feels good.if something goes wrong gpr stabilizer here I come Ill keep you guys posted

just did it.  man what a difference it makes.  just running it thru with your hands.  That zuki oil looked like crisco cooking oil and it wasn't that much in there.  i have a few pics i'll load up.   for those of you who love pics lol

tools req
6 mm alen
T10 torx screw driver or bit
14mm socket and open end wrench

We have a lakeside road that has those old concrete road seams every
15 feet, this one 25mph corner is the worst tank slapping corner I've ever been around.
I put 90W gear oil in my damper a few weeks ago, I ripped around that curve doing 65 with my hands as loose as highway cruising and the bars were solid!  This has been the best mod so far.  
Can't wait to get some Ohlins and fix up that rear shock.  
Oh yea.....................08?    
lurk.gif

(rockadaous @ Jun. 26 2007,14:24) just did it. man what a difference it makes. just running it thru with your hands. That zuki oil looked like crisco cooking oil and it wasn't that much in there. i have a few pics i'll load up. for those of you who love pics lol

tools req
6 mm alen
<span style='color:black'>Pics would be great! Sounds like something I will definitely be doing to my bike.
bowdown.gif

-Nick</span>

(rockadaous @ Jun. 26 2007,14:24) just did it.  man what a difference it makes.  just running it thru with your hands.  That zuki oil looked like crisco cooking oil and it wasn't that much in there.  i have a few pics i'll load up.   for those of you who love pics lol

tools req
6 mm alen
Roc, where the pics?

(NCpanther01 @ Jun. 26 2007,18:19)
(rockadaous @ Jun. 26 2007,14:24) just did it.  man what a difference it makes.  just running it thru with your hands.  That zuki oil looked like crisco cooking oil and it wasn't that much in there.  i have a few pics i'll load up.   for those of you who love pics lol

tools req
6 mm alen
Roc, where the pics?
working it. kids fugged up the other computer.
pissed.gif

Back