Steel braided brake lines

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I'm thinking about doing it when I get the 30,000 mile service on my '07 Busa. Is it really worth it? What brand and where's the best deal? How much do I expect to pay including shipping? Thanks everyone.

I am about to order me some Spiegler lines.

Alot use Galfer and also HEL. Make sure if you have bars risers you get the correct length. Lines will run you anywhere from $100 for the front only to about $200 for front and back and clutch.

This is my second attempt...first ones I order regular length and I have bar risers....a little too snug at fork extension

Spiegler is the best, everything else pretty much the same.

Do it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I just checked and I have a set of used HEL stainless for the front only, standard length with stainless ends.
They have swivel ends to accompany the bending.
These have a lifetime warranty, and are in good shape.
I had to get longer ones due to front bar risers.
I don't need them so if anyone wants them...say $70 TYD.
PM me if anyone can use them.

call Cycle Brakes ,talk to Melissa, and let her know you are from the board...they are one of our sponsors and i've had great service from them...i got a set of Galfers lines (front, rear, and clutch) during a group buy and love the performance difference :beerchug:

+1 on Cycle Brakes. Great service and yes the SS lines and new pads will make a tremendous difference.

Forgot to mention that I have Helibars. Should I go with standard length or longer?

I would go longer to be safe.

Go longer as tall as the heli bars are....maybe someone will chime in who has heli's and steel lines on how much they added...cause if they go up and back...might need a little more?

Thanks guys. I'm going to check later on for others to chime in.

bluehaya pm's sent..

sleeper if you want a nice setup hit me up when your ready.

I see lots of comments about "BIG" differences in feel when they changed lines... I suppose maybe I did not sense any "BIG" difference but they look good... I did find a difference when I went with the EBC HH pads.. The pads are a bit noisy but seem to grab quite well when heated..

I did Goodridge SS lines and HH ebc pads at once, so I cannot comment on whether one of the two was more effective than the other but I can say that the brake lever definitely has firmer more responsive feel and braking is substantially improved.

I just replaced all lines with stainless on my bike. It made the brakes feel firmer, I am happy with the difference in brake feel that they gave me. My friends that rode my bike before and after can also tell a difference in how they feel.

I think the only way your going to "feel" a difference by just swapping lines is if your OE lines are old. The combo of swapping lines AND pads is where you'll really "feel" a difference.

Back