Stealerships says DON'T RECOMMEND!!!

keaton

Registered
I called them to make an appointment because I'm going home Feb 25 from the Middle East. I told them I want to have an aftermarket triple tree installed (haven't decided yet on triple yet- maybe PMR) and they said they wouldn't recommend it. I asked why and they said they have done this service before and come to find out that "IF" not torqued right, the bike will slide down the fork tubes... You read it right- I asked them why wouldn't it be torqued right if you guys were doing it? I got the deer in the headlight look. Should I ignore them and say do it anyway or should I do it myself? Thanks guys

like this...

board_21.jpg

Run away from that dealership!

And then do it yourself!
beerchug.gif

Wow, that's pretty sad that they're admitting that they do crap work and they might not get something as simple as torquing some bolts properly correct. . . I'd do it myself if I were you. And never use that dealer for anything after that phone call. That's horrible. But I guess it's a good thing they let you know they're tards.

super.gif
PM -->
riccoh @ Jan. 22 2008 said:
1273142[/ATTACH] PM]
like this...
That is a picture of the handlebar holder. It is NOT a tripple tree. And yes if  an actuall tripple tree is improperly tourqued it could cause the tubes the slide up. The handle bar holder cannot cause that.
Yeah, the dealership pretty much don't want the responsibilty of doing it and if something happens, they don't want to be reliable. They have too many issues as it is

super.gif

Wow, that's pretty sad that they're admitting that they do crap work and they might not get something as simple as torquing some bolts properly correct. . . I'd do it myself if I were you.  And never use that dealer for anything after that phone call.  That's horrible.  But I guess it's a good thing they let you know they're tards.
I knew they were tards to begin with but its the only Suzuki shop up where I am stationed. Last year they drilled a hole in my TLR frame and kept my TL for 5 months trying to figure out how to fix it. I asked the to loosen the NUT on the axle that connects the swingarm to the frame and what do they do- they strip a philips head screw off and try to drill it out
banghead.gif

the people that told you this are morons. they probably would say dont' take the reflectors or warning stickers off the bike either. do it yourself and just make sure everything is tight when your done.
easybutton.png

I think you had it right the first time... They do not want the liability... can not blame them I suppose.. if anything goes wrong, first thing that happens is people get all "Lawyered" up and sue the pants off them..

Back