Stealerships in new jersey

Yep, it's in every facet of life :banghead: Tesla was a tremendous individual and may not really have a part in this vehicle except it's electric; he's been dead awhile. I'm not in the market, but this is an issue period. Money and leverage is all that matter to those in power, left, right , and center

hope tesla wins. enough of the oild hogs and politicians controling everything

Seriously these dealerships are insane. I think they're just trying so hard to hold onto the old world comissions and prevent any advancement from happening..

Selling to consumers sounds like a great idea. But I can see a conflict when it comes to after-sales service. All dealerships rely on sales to stay afloat and their fixed operations help sustain some income for costs and bring customers back. There would be an issue with having any work done or any services would be compared to making returns or exchanges at Walmart. Or sending your vehicle to the manufacturer for warranty work with a 4-6 month turn-around on repairs perhaps? Not saying that's what will happen but I am saying it could be an issue.

Selling to consumers sounds like a great idea. But I can see a conflict when it comes to after-sales service. All dealerships rely on sales to stay afloat and their fixed operations help sustain some income for costs and bring customers back. There would be an issue with having any work done or any services would be compared to making returns or exchanges at Walmart. Or sending your vehicle to the manufacturer for warranty work with a 4-6 month turn-around on repairs perhaps? Not saying that's what will happen but I am saying it could be an issue.

I could see the consumer worry about that. But there are a lot of items that rely on third party repair centers for the continued service and warranty of a product. Some phone calls, some due diligence, and appropriate signature can settle those issues. And being that their cars are on the road already, I'm reasonably sure that's been done.

I don't think it's ever been done since the advent of franchised dealerships. There has always been a level of support by dealers and training done for dealers through the manufacturer. All knowledge known by the independent facilities were trickled down by manufacturers who trained technicians to certify in their products.
And independents cannot perform factory warranty repairs. You must have a licensed facility with technicians to be able to claim warranty work.
I wouldn't want to sell a product if my seller was a direct competitor who can sell at a lower cost. And then, in return I would be forced to service and supply warranty repairs and explanations for them. I'd have to sell services at a premium to even stay afloat.

I don't think it's ever been done since the advent of franchised dealerships. There has always been a level of support by dealers and training done for dealers through the manufacturer. All knowledge known by the independent facilities were trickled down by manufacturers who trained technicians to certify in their products.
And independents cannot perform factory warranty repairs. You must have a licensed facility with technicians to be able to claim warranty work.
I wouldn't want to sell a product if my seller was a direct competitor who can sell at a lower cost. And then, in return I would be forced to service and supply warranty repairs and explanations for them. I'd have to sell services at a premium to even stay afloat.

That's the thing is there is no tesla dealers. From what I understand you can only order online. And that's what the others are complaining about.

Yeah in the case of not receiving training from tesla. But not all warranty services have to be done by factory trained. (I am a factory trained ford tech through the ford asset program). And even my 2012 focus (from the lemon thread) has a third party warranty that was the only one offered on my new car purchase. And with my warranty I can go to any ASE certified shop for warranty work. Not intending an argument. Just saying they should have the infrastructure to have already planned repairs. And in my experience dealer shops already charge a premium and don't always do the work right.

This is from their site, and most expensive service plan was $2400 (mine was around $1800 I think) the expensive plan for them includes the "rangers anywhere anytime" deal.

****Tesla Service includes
Annual inspection (or every 12,500 miles)
Replacement parts like brake pads and windshield wipers (excluding tires)
24 hour roadside assistance
System monitoring
Remote diagnostics
Hardware upgrades
Tesla Valet Service
Tesla is putting in place a valet service, so that your car is seamlessly picked up and replaced with a loaner and then returned as soon as we are done. There is no additional charge for this.

Tesla Rangers Come to You
Tesla Rangers are service technicians who make house calls. For an additional fee, they can come to your home or office to perform most maintenance and warranty repairs.****

Isn't New Jersey the state that you can't pump your own gas? I can't remember, but one of them states up there has a law that only a "technician" can pump gas. Too risky to have untrained people doing it. Nuts.

Yep, that would be New Jersey. Here in Va they banned the tesla because of their stupid dealer rules

very nice machines...

i wish these guy the best of luck... i myself am a growing company and have and am facing government laws that date to the dinosaur age that cause me much grief.. in the end they try to suck u dry and close u down... all i can say is **** you!!!!!!!

:bowdown:

Back