Stay Out Late & Get Hammered ~ Have Your Bike Follow You Home . . .

Having this will be like the guys with sidecars, they get so used to not putting their feet down or not using a side stand that they get on a unattached bike and fall over..

No thanks, it'll probably be an automatic to boot...

You gotta be kiddin' me . . . . who in their right mind would allow technology this advanced to interfere with the connection of man and machine, it's a disaster waiting to happen, not to mention handing over your sovereignty to a machine FFS!!
It always annoys me how quickly people give up their intelligence and defer to "artificial intelligence".
I mean, what have we become?? Pathetic slaves???

Not sure anyone is really giving up their intelligence for A I.
I dunno, I often wonder this myself as I see people glued to their phones everywhere.....

I saw someone walking with her eyes glued to her phone yesterday cross at an intersection when the light was red for her, she almost got hit, good thing the car driver wasn't texting and driving...or relying on the on-board sensors in the car to make the decisions.

Cars:
Blind spot warnings=no more shoulder-checks
Adaptive braking means the driver doesn't need to maintain distance by foot control
Back up cameras mean lots of drivers don't physically look behind them
Rain sensors on windows-drivers don't have to worry if their windows are up if it rains

Bikes:
Automatic transmissions on bikes-no need to shift
Traction control/wheelie control-no need to learn throttle control
Gyroscopic systems-now they don't need to learn balance and proper stopping techniques...

The list of things go on and on....Some of these I agree with and others is A.I. making decisions which people used to make. They might be safer but people are getting complacent which in my opinion is not safe.

For instance, a neighbour's camera system when down on his 2500 GMC, he was unable to back his travel trailer into his driveway. It sat on the road a few days until his truck's camera system was fixed...I told him I'd back it in for him but he wouldn't hear of it.

Not sure anyone is really giving up their intelligence for A I.
Yeah, by allowing a computer to make decisions on your behalf, you are giving up the control and putting your life in the A.I's control.
Even ABS brakes, traction control, vehicle stability, (all the things Arch loves!), to me it is giving up control. I don't like it.

Last edited:
I have been seeing on the news lately many of the AI (self drive) cars are having issues of running into things/people...grant it, it is a new technology and will probably get better but still...no thanks.

Add to that the ability to jam the signals these things use and you could imagine rush hour traffic full of self drive cars that all got jammed at the same time?

I rode a newer Gold Wing and there was waaaaay too much tech on that, I didn't know what button to push first.

I have been seeing on the news lately
many of the AI (self drive) cars
are having issues of running into things/people . . .

Grant it,
it is a new technology
and will probably get better but still . . .

No thanks.

Add to that the ability to jam the signals
these things use and you could imagine
rush hour traffic full of self drive cars
that all got jammed at the same time ?

I rode a newer Gold Wing
and there was way too much tech on that,
I didn't know what button to push first .

Emergency vehicles drive bad enough as it is ~ we do not need artificial intelligence to crash *

Emergency vehicles have the weakness of having an on-board human operator who is talking on a radio, reading a GPS/laptop or on a cell phone. All while thinking of the emergency they are involved in...as a former volunteer fire fighter, I can relate to this somewhat.

As a former soldier, I am thinking of an AI vehicle which can be deliberately driven into a checkpoint or crowd of people and can be detonated without the cost of a bad guy's life.

72DAFCA7-9EFC-4C65-88AE-CE6DE38BD33F.jpeg

Back