stator leak problems

flippnswitchez

Registered
I recently replaced the stator and since then I have tried two gaskets with silicone and inspected the case also for cracks and it is STILL leaking. Any ideas?

Typical with Chinese knockoffs.
Vortex or Woodcraft never has that problem.

Ever wonder why manufactures DONT use silicone on engine covers? Ever seen an oil pickup when someone uses silicone on motorcycle engine covers?
DONT USE SILICONE on engine covers.. if you feel you need to use a sealant try Yamabond. How did you clean the engine surface before attempting to put the cover back on?

Save the silicone for that 1967 Chevys waterpump job.

Ever wonder why manufactures DONT use silicone on engine covers? Ever seen an oil pickup when someone uses silicone on motorcycle engine covers?
DONT USE SILICONE on engine covers.. if you feel you need to use a sealant try Yamabond. How did you clean the engine surface before attempting to put the cover back on?

Save the silicone for that 1967 Chevys waterpump job.

Thanks for the tip on the silicone it peeled right off the the new gasket lol and the gasket has remained intact so I guess i will try again with yamabond. I just wiped it down to clean it. someone said try brake cleaner but i was weary of that.

use the new cometic with the metal core, foam outer... we use them on all engine builds no leaks no matter what brand cover. Always in stock..

I had the same problem with the stock stator cover, and I replaced it with an aftermarket billet aluminum cover and stainless steel screws evenly torqued, and the problem went away. Sorry, it's been years, though and I can't remember where I sourced the cover.

Warp 7
Albuquerque, NM
1999 GSX1300R Hayabusa (Time travel is now possible)
2008 BMW R1200 GS Adventure (Have dirt/will travel!)

Well after buying a new cover and installing it over and over about 10 times trying to figure out why it is still leaking it looks like the new stator i bought and replaced is the problem. the rubber grommet where the wires comes out is where the oil is coming out. I tried putting silicone on the outside to seal it and that was a no go. Any ideas????

20130407_093225.jpg

It is not a small leak either. I think it maybe leaking from around the rubber also. Yahmabond around it when i but it together for the 10th time.

Clean the rubber area with carb cleaner and apply Yamabond to the inside. It is coming through were the wires are or around the rubber grommet? Chrome cover are known to leak

It's coming through were the wires are. It may be coming from around the grommet as well. I never had a problem before until I got this new stator. Looking at the old stator wiring harness and grommet. The grommet was much tighter around the wires. What will the carb clean

Back