Stator Cover Gasket Sealant

(Greg B @ Oct. 21 2006,18:41) None!
+1 There is no need to use any type of gasket sealer
smile.gif
Just make sure you follow the criss/cross tightening sequence and proper torque.. and you will be fine...
wink.gif

I am bringing my bike in to the shop tomorrow to have them change the stator cover and put in a power command; How many lb. torgue do the bolts take? (Just in case!) Also, I have two brothers pipes on; anything I should know or ask when it comes to mapping for these pipes? Might be dump questions, but I do like to understand all this stuff, being a woman they think you don't want to know or can't possibly understand!

(bikermom @ Nov. 13 2006,08:37) I am bringing my bike in to the shop tomorrow to have them change the stator cover and put in a power command; How many lb. torgue do the bolts take? (Just in case!) Also, I have two brothers pipes on; anything I should know or ask when it comes to mapping for these pipes? Might be dump questions, but I do like to understand all this stuff, being a woman they think you don't want to know or can't possibly understand!
It's seven (7) ft. lbs. I snugged mine just a little more because at 7 it was seeping. I also used blue locktite on the bolts.

7 to 9 ft. lbs. will be fine.

runeight...

(runeight @ Nov. 13 2006,09:09)
(bikermom @ Nov. 13 2006,08:37) I am bringing my bike in to the shop tomorrow to have them change the stator cover and put in a power command; How many lb. torgue do the bolts take? (Just in case!) Also, I have two brothers pipes on; anything I should know or ask when it comes to mapping for these pipes? Might be dump questions, but I do like to understand all this stuff, being a woman they think you don't want to know or can't possibly understand!
It's seven (7) ft. lbs. I snugged mine just a little more because at 7 it was seeping. I also used blue locktite on the bolts.

7 to 9 ft. lbs. will be fine. No sealent on gasket. Paper thin so make sure it is in place.

runeight...
No sealent on gasket. Paper thin so make sure it is in place.

wink.gif

Back