Stator cover...ebay

Freechance

Registered
Has anyone had any experience with these covers of ebay? Do they leak?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325213512.718462.jpg

No idea, I havent tried one... yet. I will though very soon now that you remind me. I can be your guinea pig if you wanna buy me one? :thumbsup: :laugh:

U can get them for around 42 dollars shipped on ebay..lot of guys worry about laying there bike down and cracking it..but if i lay the bike down,ill haul it back..not ride it back..
I dont really want to spend a lot of money on one,just incase something does happen...i really like the woodcraft stator cover,but if it was laid down and had scratches i would toss it in the trash..
I just afraid it might leak,but it looks like a really good cover for the money..

its probably cast so like the stock if it takes a hard bump its gonna crack, break, or if it slides itll wear through fairly quick.

the woodcraft has a replaceable puck the takes the majority of the hit, theyre pricey but nice and can be the difference between riding home and calling a ride home.

even if it did have some sealing problems im sure some gasket glue would fit it up, i doubt that'll be necessary. i dont have any personal with that piece but its not rocket science to make a cover.

U can get them for around 42 dollars shipped on ebay..lot of guys worry about laying there bike down and cracking it..but if i lay the bike down,ill haul it back..not ride it back..
I dont really want to spend a lot of money on one,just incase something does happen...i really like the woodcraft stator cover,but if it was laid down and had scratches i would toss it in the trash..
I just afraid it might leak,but it looks like a really good cover for the money..

The woodcraft has a skid plate that bolts on... If the bike goes down the skid plate takes the damage and not the actual cover. It is heavier all the way around, I know several folks that literally laid their bikes over at less than 5 mph in parking lots and a rock poked through the factory cover... A good cover is a good idea...

cap

I've got one off ebay in late 06. Still on the bike and has never leaked. Its a tight fit, fairing will rest on it.

2011-110.jpg

this pic was took a couple week ago

The issue with a tip over or the bike sliding down the street on its side isn't weather you will be able to ride after , it's how much damage the bike receives in the process. Always good to go with function in this matter. My bike did a little slide , well it did a good slide :whistle: on it's stator side and the cover failed trashed the magneto and snapped a piece of the engine casing where the lower case cover bolt goes. I rigged it to get it back on the road but my engine casing is trash needs replacing. ( I will replace the engine not a casing when I do) Best chance at minimizing damage is definitely woodcraft, and they do look awesome as well so you can get the best of both worlds.

I had a same design chrome one on my busa for about 2yrs before I replaced it with a see thru cover. No leaks or issues out of mine once installed on bike. I will say this the metal is soft. When delivered it was slightly dinged up from shipping. Somehow the mount hardware ended up on top of the kanji side. I Contacted the seller and was sent another one out free of charge and no cost shipping. So i had 2 @ one point. I kept the slightly dinged up one for a spare in case the see thru cover goes bad on me. I sold the good one to a member here and as far as I know no issues from that member either. If I remember correctly it uses the OEM hardware. Do not use the hardware that comes with the cover. They are cheap soft machine screws that the heads will round off easily if over tightened. Get a new gasket and some high temp gasket sealant and you'll be fine.

i got a chrome one off ebay after i downed my bike. had to trim the sealing surface with a dremel, and use a little RTV to get it to seal. doesn't leak tho, and it looks alright. someday i'll probably pick up a woodcraft cover, but for now it'll do. i wouldn't call it an "upgrade" tho.

Mine isn't from ebay but i have had it on there for over 5 years no problems so far.:thumbsup:

b2.jpg

The Woodcraft is the way to go, i ran 2 Group buys for the cover, before and no one has ever complained!

My friend Gregbob purchase one of those made in china ebay specials. I had that thing on and off the bike three times before I finally got enough sealant wedged into the cracks to stop the leaks.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one even though they are dirt cheap and don't crash any better than the OEM unit. They will grind right through as soon as they hi the pavement. I use Vortex but the Woodcraft ones are just a good. Unless the crash is extreamely violent either Woodcraft or Vortex will withstand multiple crashes. But the sweetest part is they will fit like a glove and you won't need to apply sealant to keep them from leaking! :thumbsup:

Back