stater and rectifier question

jch364

Registered
I have a feeling I need to replace my stator. last year when I rode took the bike out for a ride and when I came back and stopped I restarted it again about 30 minutes later and it almost didnt start. Had a buddy put his amp meter on it while running and I think it was reading 13 or just a little less. Im thinking it was under 13. In any case if I do replace it with OEM its close to $300. I will do that if thats the best idea. Im hesitant to buy other after market stators just because for me in the past its always turned out to be a get what you pay for thing. That said I was wondering what experience anyone has had with replacement and how it has worked out. I found a site called electrosport.com which has the stator.

A feeling? Mine is 12 years old with over 60K miles and doesn't need one. How old/miles is yours? Have you done a load test on your battery? Is it old?

I have a feeling I need to replace my stator. last year when I rode took the bike out for a ride and when I came back and stopped I restarted it again about 30 minutes later and it almost didnt start. Had a buddy put his amp meter on it while running and I think it was reading 13 or just a little less. Im thinking it was under 13. In any case if I do replace it with OEM its close to $300. I will do that if thats the best idea. Im hesitant to buy other after market stators just because for me in the past its always turned out to be a get what you pay for thing. That said I was wondering what experience anyone has had with replacement and how it has worked out. I found a site called electrosport.com which has the stator.
Powerhouse keeps the high output stators in stock for both Gens at all times. They put out 100 W more than the stock stator and are well able to handle some of the added electrical accessories we Install like bigger fuel pumps water pumps added fans, heated gear etc. They are manufactured by Rick’s Motorsports and we have yet to see any problem with them at all. We also carry their MOSFET style regulator which is 10 more amps than stock.

A feeling? Mine is 12 years old with over 60K miles and doesn't need one. How old/miles is yours? Have you done a load test on your battery? Is it old?

I agree... Always start cheap and test towards the money. I have an 04 and the original charging system still works just fine...

I agree... Always start cheap and test towards the money. I have an 04 and the original charging system still works just fine...

I also agree. Disconnect the stator plug and test for continuity and resistance to ground. Then start the bike up - still with the stator wire disconnected - and test for AC output on all three "legs". If the stator checks out good, replace the regulator . . .

Back