State Trooper problem update 3

busastalker05

Registered
Ok so for those of you that have
kept tabs on my helmet ticket

the final day of court came monday and went well,

the trooper showed up with some papers that headquarters had sent him, and said that ANYTHING that sticks up more than 2/10s of an inch is illegal
we showed him all the laws that we had and he said that this is a new amendment,
well the DA has been tired of dealing with us and said just go ill handle everything and its dropped, so i lucked out,

i tried pleading my case that it was a safety device and that it was rigid, but oh well

i really dont care anymore

so in the end once again i get told im wrong deal with it and " Goodluck" (trooper)

and he did apologize for not making it to court last time
he was on his honey moon

thanks for the support everyone!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Glad it worked out in your favor. I think the air vent on my helmet may be illegal. It sticks up a little more than 2/10s of an inch ???

Ok so for those of you that have
kept tabs on my helmet ticket

the final day of court came monday and went well,

the trooper showed up with some papers that headquarters had sent him, and said that ANYTHING that sticks up more than 2/10s of an inch is illegal
we showed him all the laws that we had and he said that this is a new amendment,
well the DA has been tired of dealing with us and said just go ill handle everything and its dropped, so i lucked out,

i tried pleading my case that it was a safety device and that it was rigid, but oh well

i really dont care anymore

so in the end once again i get told im wrong deal with it and " Goodluck" (trooper)

and he did apologize for not making it to court last time
he was on his honey moon

thanks for the support everyone!!! :bowdown::bowdown:

Congrats on the "win"! :cheerleader:

Maybe the cop will think twice before writing a similar ticket in the future.

Well done!:thumbsup:

Kudos to you!!!! 2/10 of an inch, huh? New amendment? Well that just about makes almost every Icon helmet illegal as some of the air vents rise clear over 2/10 of an inch! What a stupid amendment!!!

Glad it worked out for you. I'd be curious about his longevity in the patrol. I don't think he had a case to start with.

I know you're tried of it, but could you post a link to this new amendment ?

Yup...I know the vents on my Scorpion lid are way taller than that. ???

Glad it worked out for you. I'd be curious about his longevity in the patrol. I don't think he had a case to start with.

I know you're tried of it, but could you post a link to this new amendment ?

+1:whistle: They have dropped it because they wrote the amendment on the papers on their way into court that morning:laugh:

sticking up would imply anything added to the helmet not the manufactured parts as produced.

I personally would want to know when this amendment went in effect and what it said specifically. wasn't his initial reasoning along the road something about you being a gang member (or the like?)

Back