State Farm wants $791/mo

19, two tickets (didn't say what for), and a one(1) vehicle accident. Depending on what the tickets were for, I could believe it. The insurance people are looking at you making a down payment on your medical bills. As they see it, you are the preverbial "Accident, waiting to happen!" You need to go six years without an accident or a ticket and then try again. Sad to say, but, I can see why your Busa days are over.

(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,20:18) 19, two tickets (didn't say what for), and a one(1) vehicle accident. Depending on what the tickets were for, I could believe it. The insurance people are looking at you making a down payment on your medical bills. As they see it, you are the preverbial "Accident, waiting to happen!" You need to go six years without an accident or a ticket and then try again. Sad to say, but, I can see why your Busa days are over.
Read his post above, he says 2 speeding tickets.

(TallTom @ Sep. 26 2006,14:30)
(GMbusa @ Sep. 26 2006,13:50) When i bought my Busa in 04' i had 10 negative points on my license and still managed $412 yr full.  I was 32 at the time though.
Who was that with?  I have no points, no accidents am 46 and State Farm was the best I found so far at 780 and chnage for the year.  That requires I also carry both my cars with them to qualify for that price.  Drive by Progressive who my other bike is with quoted me $2600 a year.
It all comes down to what area your in, credit score which is total bs and your driving record. I'm with Progressive and I'm paying like $730 a year for my 04 busa, and I have a clean record, very high credit score, but because so many people get in accidents in this area it cost me a lot.

cool.gif
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of this. I'm 56, professional job, absolute clean record etc... I pay $314 / yr for everything except collision. If I break it I'll just buy another one, and yet others have lower rates than me. Go figure. Oh, I'm with progressive.
sad.gif

Panama City Fl

State Farm

06 Busa - Full Coverage
95 ZX6 - Not Full
03 Harley - Full Coverage
1974 Jet Boat - Not full
Bayliner Capri - Not full
04 optima - Full Coverage
88 Sierra - Not full

Grand total = 1472.00 per year

700 per month is just stupid nuts, they must use the extra to buy some smoke...

(coop427 @ Sep. 26 2006,20:21)
(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,20:18) 19, two tickets (didn't say what for), and a one(1) vehicle accident. Depending on what the tickets were for, I could believe it. The insurance people are looking at you making a down payment on your medical bills. As they see it, you are the preverbial "Accident, waiting to happen!" You need to go six years without an accident or a ticket and then try again. Sad to say, but, I can see why your Busa days are over.
Read his post above, he says 2 speeding tickets.
But he didn't say how much over he was doing...

That was my point.

Plenty of people claim to have been quoted $8,000 to 11,000 a year to insure a Busa. It's the insurance company's way of telling you to F-OFF. A few flat out told me they don't insure that type of bike, maybe in FL it's a law that they have to give you a quote so they just go on the assumption it will be totalled out within the first year.

Personally I don't think insurance companies are out to rape people. For $400 bucks a year my Busa is fully covered and anybody I hit will be covered for $300,000.00. Not a bad trade off imo.

Now what if Hayabusa.org started its own legit Busa insurance company. Members join up to this company and become part owner. You have a membership fee along with your yearly premium...just like a Co-Op. Since you're part owner, anything anyone else does will affect your company and your premiums.

Who here would want to give a low rate to a 19 year old kid on a BUSA who already has 2 tickets and an accident?
rock.gif

I like selective insurance companies that weed out high risks so my rates stay low and State Farm seems to to a pretty good job at it.
The company that covers my Stingray and CXTs is incredible. They won't insure anyone under the age of 25. If you have a licensed teenager living in your household they will NOT insure you. No garage? No soup for you! Bad credit rating, DUI, wreckless or multiple tickets HAHAHA!

In return I have extremely high agreed values on each vehicle (no blue book or depreciation BS), $300K $300K $300K liability limits. Spare parts coverage, road side assistance and flat bed towing, ZERO $ deductible. As the market values go up they give you the option of increasing your agreed value. I'm paying about $290 a year total for all three vehicles. You only pay liability on the initial vehicle, all others added to policy never add to the liability charge. If I decided to add a nice $20,000 Chevelle SS it would probably raise my policy by $100 a year.

I wish a company like that existed for regular cars and motorcycles.

Thats crazy. I have State Farm, I'm 38, no points. full coverage $323/year with $500 deducts. I can get $100 deducts. for like $40 more per year.
State Farm has no medical coverage on their motocycle insurance. Maybe check to be sure this is not a quote with medical.

Let see...Here's what i pay State farm:

04 Busa                                             $187/6 mos
06 Santa Fe                                       $362/6 mos
06 Unlimited Rubican Wrangler         $349/6 mos
02 Land Rover Freelander                 $381/6 mos
                                                        _

$1279/6 mos
                                                                X2
                                                       ___

$2558/ year

All have Full coverage, 500 ded, rental car, all the reg BS

37yr old no points ATM (just beat a ticket from a state trooper in Florida for 135 in a 75mph zone. Judge threw it out) I was just hoping to have the points withheld. turned out better than i thought.

The Busa is the only 1 that the bank doesn't partially own....

(coop427 @ Sep. 26 2006,19:07) Why would you want full coverage anyway? Unless you need it for a bank loan its a huge waste of money. I pay $170 a year thru progressive.
Are you high? Insane?

If you happen to take a twisty and go down and total your bike... liability does nothing!

Theft... liability does nothing.

A bike is more prone to get dropped, kicked over, stolen, etc than a car. Full coverage on a bike is needed... especially for a Busa.

full coverage gives you some inner peace, if you park it at the mall or anywhere and then mr.hothands comes along and borrows the bike for say a ebay parts selling expedition. pan hit the nail on the head about insurance.

Farmers Insurance quoted me at $3700 per year for my busa for 'full coverage'. I had a vehicle accident 3 years prior - nothing major. I went to state farm and they quoted me better coverage $350 per year. But that's because I'm old. (43)

Haelo is 19, has 2 tickets + 1 Traffic Accident. He's high risk and on a busa, insurance is already thinking the worst case scenario.

How fast were your tickets for bro? And describe the accident. Was it high speed?

in NJ, I pay 2699/yr with Rider, you can't go around it. They have a schedule, it's posted on there website. It's the same price for everyone how has a busa.

I checked with other companies, since I park on the street, they won't insure me for theft, only for liability.

BTW, I'm 33, excellent credit, married no accident, no claims, no tickets.

40 in a 35, and 33 in a 25 work zone
The accident was off road below 20 mph with less than $500 damage.

I'm just going to get a Road Lok and a rabbit's foot and start befriending rich, senile old men 8)

Man, just got my quote!! More coverage than progressive, and 60 bucks cheaper a month!!  
rant.gif
  go figure???
SHOCKED.gif
 52 bucks a month ain't bad,,,,C'mon
super.gif

I'm 35, clean record, have my house, both cars, life, & the bike with AIG and I pay $1100/year fuul coverage $500 deducts. I will be calling Statefarm this week.

Back