State Farm wants $791/mo

Insurance companies are criminals
rant.gif

S H I T, I only pay $384.00 for nine months of full coverage insurance throuhg AllState! Check around, some agents just don't want to insure sport bikes.

I'd believe that if it was Progressive (thieves) but not State Farm. They rate by CC's only. Tell them it's 1299 CC's, not 1300. Maybe it'll rate you on the next tier down. I dunno.

Mine with SF is just over $800/year. Tough to believe this price you're posting.

--Wag--

Tough to believe it? I have to sell my bike, real tough to believe.

The bike is the only thing that makes me happy and now it's going bye bye!

Bye bye 'busa, see you later!

I started reading this site shortly before buying mine a few weeks ago. I noticed that everyone was suggesting State Farm. I got them now for everything (home, auto, cycle, etc...). I had Proggresive and they wanted $5400 a year!!!! Geico wanted 1700.00 a year! I got the state farm for just over 600 per year! What a difference. Geico actually offered me a 500 per year discount if I bought the ZX-14 instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to post jack but if you are serious about selling, I am sure someone here would be willing. I know I would be. Even with your bike having a street fighter look. Ad I only pay like 425 a year, 30 yr no tickets. The trick is not to tell them its a hayabusa, just say its a 1300cc bike. As long as they have the correct vin you are golden.

(Haelo @ Sep. 26 2006,15:34) Tough to believe it? I have to sell my bike, real tough to believe.

The bike is the only thing that makes me happy and now it's going bye bye!

Bye bye 'busa, see you later!
rock.gif
Lots your Not telling anyone here...

That's cool, none of our business I suppose. But your not saying anything, and your boo-hooing about Florida. Which is somethign I fully support but without any sort of explanation your rates aren't $791 a month...

Simple.

And as you know Florida doesn't require you to have Insurance on the bike anyway. You bank might but florida doesn't.

I think you might have to carry some liability but otherwise... Nada

That's ridiculous, I am 41 years old, clean record, and I pay $472 a year for full coverage, $500 deductable, and that is through Erie Ins. I have my house and other vehicles with them also. I know that geographic area has alot to do with premiums from one to the other, but that price you got is highway robbery, litterally!!!

I'm 19 with two speeding tickets and one unclaimed, one-vehicle accident.

She said, "I can't believe this, it can't be right, but it says $791 per month... yeah, 791 a month"
And that was the -lowest- quote I got.

(Haelo @ Sep. 26 2006,18:22) I'm 19 with two speeding tickets and one unclaimed, one-vehicle accident.

She said, "I can't believe this, it can't be right, but it says $791 per month... yeah, 791 a month"
And that was the -lowest- quote I got.
I still don't buy that... because insurance companies don't give monthly quotes anyway. They do it by the year or every 6 months.

Try another State Farm agent in your city... one that doesn't misquote!

791 a month around here has a legal term it is called rape
for that amount i hope they kiss first.

(BigSimp @ Sep. 26 2006,15:42) I hate to post jack but if you are serious about selling, I am sure someone here would be willing.  I know I would be.  Even with your bike having a street fighter look.  Ad I only pay like 425 a year, 30 yr no tickets.  The trick is not to tell them its a hayabusa, just say its a 1300cc bike.  As long as they have the correct vin you are golden.
The insurance runs the VIN....they know its a Busa. You can insure a moped powered Busa if you want....once you give them the Busa VIN....they got you.

I only paid $89/month in Michigan

I've called 26 insurance agents today and none of them can do better than $791/mo

Kiss your Hayabusa goodbye, then...

Unless you're rich...

And unless you move...

Or unless you just want to ride insuranceless...

Why would you want full coverage anyway? Unless you need it for a bank loan its a huge waste of money. I pay $170 a year thru progressive.

Wow! $791 a month. That is unreal. I pay $18.60 a month, full coverage, on my ZX-12R. I pay $20.81 a month, full coverage, on my ZX-14. That's $472.92 a year for 2 motorcycles, both with State Farm.
$791 a month?
rock.gif

Jeez sure am glad I'm not 19 with a crappy driving record again!

Sell the busa, pocket the money you would have been paying the insurance company and buy a new busa outright next year!

Back