State Farm wants $791/mo

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
19, two tickets (didn't say what for), and a one(1) vehicle accident. Depending on what the tickets were for, I could believe it. The insurance people are looking at you making a down payment on your medical bills. As they see it, you are the preverbial "Accident, waiting to happen!" You need to go six years without an accident or a ticket and then try again. Sad to say, but, I can see why your Busa days are over.

coop427

Registered
(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,20:18) 19, two tickets (didn't say what for), and a one(1) vehicle accident. Depending on what the tickets were for, I could believe it. The insurance people are looking at you making a down payment on your medical bills. As they see it, you are the preverbial "Accident, waiting to happen!" You need to go six years without an accident or a ticket and then try again. Sad to say, but, I can see why your Busa days are over.
Read his post above, he says 2 speeding tickets.

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
(TallTom @ Sep. 26 2006,14:30)
(GMbusa @ Sep. 26 2006,13:50) When i bought my Busa in 04' i had 10 negative points on my license and still managed $412 yr full.  I was 32 at the time though.
Who was that with?  I have no points, no accidents am 46 and State Farm was the best I found so far at 780 and chnage for the year.  That requires I also carry both my cars with them to qualify for that price.  Drive by Progressive who my other bike is with quoted me $2600 a year.
It all comes down to what area your in, credit score which is total bs and your driving record. I'm with Progressive and I'm paying like $730 a year for my 04 busa, and I have a clean record, very high credit score, but because so many people get in accidents in this area it cost me a lot.

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
cool.gif
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of this. I'm 56, professional job, absolute clean record etc... I pay $314 / yr for everything except collision. If I break it I'll just buy another one, and yet others have lower rates than me. Go figure. Oh, I'm with progressive.
sad.gif

dinoap

Going to the Dragon without a bike is ju
Donating Member
Registered
Panama City Fl

State Farm

06 Busa - Full Coverage
95 ZX6 - Not Full
03 Harley - Full Coverage
1974 Jet Boat - Not full
Bayliner Capri - Not full
04 optima - Full Coverage
88 Sierra - Not full

Grand total = 1472.00 per year

700 per month is just stupid nuts, they must use the extra to buy some smoke...

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
(coop427 @ Sep. 26 2006,20:21)
(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,20:18) 19, two tickets (didn't say what for), and a one(1) vehicle accident. Depending on what the tickets were for, I could believe it. The insurance people are looking at you making a down payment on your medical bills. As they see it, you are the preverbial "Accident, waiting to happen!" You need to go six years without an accident or a ticket and then try again. Sad to say, but, I can see why your Busa days are over.
Read his post above, he says 2 speeding tickets.
But he didn't say how much over he was doing...

That was my point.

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
Plenty of people claim to have been quoted $8,000 to 11,000 a year to insure a Busa. It's the insurance company's way of telling you to F-OFF. A few flat out told me they don't insure that type of bike, maybe in FL it's a law that they have to give you a quote so they just go on the assumption it will be totalled out within the first year.

Personally I don't think insurance companies are out to rape people. For $400 bucks a year my Busa is fully covered and anybody I hit will be covered for $300,000.00. Not a bad trade off imo.

Now what if Hayabusa.org started its own legit Busa insurance company. Members join up to this company and become part owner. You have a membership fee along with your yearly premium...just like a Co-Op. Since you're part owner, anything anyone else does will affect your company and your premiums.

Who here would want to give a low rate to a 19 year old kid on a BUSA who already has 2 tickets and an accident?
rock.gif

I like selective insurance companies that weed out high risks so my rates stay low and State Farm seems to to a pretty good job at it.
The company that covers my Stingray and CXTs is incredible. They won't insure anyone under the age of 25. If you have a licensed teenager living in your household they will NOT insure you. No garage? No soup for you! Bad credit rating, DUI, wreckless or multiple tickets HAHAHA!

In return I have extremely high agreed values on each vehicle (no blue book or depreciation BS), $300K $300K $300K liability limits. Spare parts coverage, road side assistance and flat bed towing, ZERO $ deductible. As the market values go up they give you the option of increasing your agreed value. I'm paying about $290 a year total for all three vehicles. You only pay liability on the initial vehicle, all others added to policy never add to the liability charge. If I decided to add a nice $20,000 Chevelle SS it would probably raise my policy by $100 a year.

I wish a company like that existed for regular cars and motorcycles.

Frantik1

Registered
Thats crazy. I have State Farm, I'm 38, no points. full coverage $323/year with $500 deducts. I can get $100 deducts. for like $40 more per year.
State Farm has no medical coverage on their motocycle insurance. Maybe check to be sure this is not a quote with medical.

Cykill

Donating Member
Registered
Let see...Here's what i pay State farm:

04 Busa                                             $187/6 mos
06 Santa Fe                                       $362/6 mos
06 Unlimited Rubican Wrangler         $349/6 mos
02 Land Rover Freelander                 $381/6 mos
                                                        _

$1279/6 mos
                                                                X2
                                                       ___

$2558/ year

All have Full coverage, 500 ded, rental car, all the reg BS

37yr old no points ATM (just beat a ticket from a state trooper in Florida for 135 in a 75mph zone. Judge threw it out) I was just hoping to have the points withheld. turned out better than i thought.

The Busa is the only 1 that the bank doesn't partially own....

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
(coop427 @ Sep. 26 2006,19:07) Why would you want full coverage anyway? Unless you need it for a bank loan its a huge waste of money. I pay $170 a year thru progressive.
Are you high? Insane?

If you happen to take a twisty and go down and total your bike... liability does nothing!

Theft... liability does nothing.

A bike is more prone to get dropped, kicked over, stolen, etc than a car. Full coverage on a bike is needed... especially for a Busa.

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
full coverage gives you some inner peace, if you park it at the mall or anywhere and then mr.hothands comes along and borrows the bike for say a ebay parts selling expedition. pan hit the nail on the head about insurance.

Rocketman

Registered
Farmers Insurance quoted me at $3700 per year for my busa for 'full coverage'. I had a vehicle accident 3 years prior - nothing major. I went to state farm and they quoted me better coverage $350 per year. But that's because I'm old. (43)

Haelo is 19, has 2 tickets + 1 Traffic Accident. He's high risk and on a busa, insurance is already thinking the worst case scenario.

How fast were your tickets for bro? And describe the accident. Was it high speed?

1127 TO 1299

Registered
in NJ, I pay 2699/yr with Rider, you can't go around it. They have a schedule, it's posted on there website. It's the same price for everyone how has a busa.

I checked with other companies, since I park on the street, they won't insure me for theft, only for liability.

BTW, I'm 33, excellent credit, married no accident, no claims, no tickets.

Haelo

Registered
40 in a 35, and 33 in a 25 work zone
The accident was off road below 20 mph with less than $500 damage.

I'm just going to get a Road Lok and a rabbit's foot and start befriending rich, senile old men 8)

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
Man, just got my quote!! More coverage than progressive, and 60 bucks cheaper a month!!  
rant.gif
  go figure???
SHOCKED.gif
 52 bucks a month ain't bad,,,,C'mon
super.gif

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I'm 35, clean record, have my house, both cars, life, & the bike with AIG and I pay $1100/year fuul coverage $500 deducts. I will be calling Statefarm this week.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Medic20102